Removing Chasson 626 (2014) Drivers seat to change battery - DONE! (1 Viewer)

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
To all interested parties we have now removed the front seat and changed our Hab. battery so if anyone would like to know how to do this I will make some notes that can be sent out.

Model we have is based on a Fiat Ducato 2014 2.3 Alko chassis.

Thanks to all those who have helped.

Saltings
:):):)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I think quite a few people will be grateful, but won't find this thread when they need it.

You could post your notes in the Resources section.

Then I'll download it, (y) because I've got to tackle the same job on a 2013 Ducato shortly. :(

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
I think quite a few people will be grateful, but won't find this thread when they need it.

You could post your notes in the Resources section.

Then I'll download it, (y) because I've got to tackle the same job on a 2013 Ducato shortly. :(

Would be only too pleased I have added it to Resources Section under Chausson 626 Removing Drivers Seat . The Chausson/Fiat Ducato is abroad at the moment and returns 1st week of September. But here are some rough notes to help.

But to put it simply you will need to do the following:
  1. Get a friend who can help to lift the seat, they are very heavy.
  2. Remember that you cannot have the ignition on during the process because you will be disconnecting the airbag wires! :LOL: No accidents plse.!
  3. First thing will be to take away the plastic side panels beneath the seat (screwed on and the one next to the door which houses the handbrake will only require loosening.)
  4. In the Fiat Ducato we have two rails beneath the seat. There were two bolts at the motor home end of each rail and one Allan screw at the cab end. These require removing.
  5. Beneath that there is a metal plate covering all of the battery with a hole in the centre, beneath the seat, through which all the wires go to the battery terminals. This is held down with 13 mm bolts (?I think they were) andd this will require carefulling removing, BUT and its a big BUT:
  6. You will then see the single wire that connects the bottom of the seat which is what activates the airbag. You can take this off, but remember EXACTLY what it was screwed to - one end is earthed to the seat rail by the handbrake.
  7. Having taken the wire off the seat and the plate beneath it should come away, and this is where you will require someone in the cab to lift and someone outside to carry the seat. Remember it IS VERY HEAVY.
  8. You then have access to the habb. battery compartment.
To put it back together again just reverse the operations and remember to screw the earth for the airbag to the screw hole that it came out of!

THESE NOTES REFER TO THE FOLLOWING REG. YEAR 2014, so things may be slightly different from year to year. Sorry but I can't take responsibility - these notes are just for guidance.

Trust this acts as a "guide" in the meantime and good luck! It took a breakdown engineer and myself about two hours to complete the job

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Thanks.

Am I correct in thinking that your seats do NOT swivel?

OP
OP
Saltings

Saltings

Free Member
Sep 12, 2016
Buckinghamshire, U.K.
Funster No
MH
Chasson C626 Flash
Exp
since 2115
Thanks for asking the question. The drivers seat (the one we removed) does, but not the passenger seat as it has a bulkhead behind it.

This leads me on to a point I have omitted. Between points 6 and 7 I should have written the following (you find this out anyway!):

Prior to being able to remove the metal plate you have to pull the leaver out that releases the Captains seat. Now to be quite honest I cannot remember 100% if that was the way we did it, but you will see it is pretty clear when you reach that stage. I know someone else has pointed this out to me earlier so it is amongst all my messages! :D2

Thanks for reminding me, I thought about it earlier today but haven't changed the guidelines yet. If it works that way perhaps you would let me know and I will insert it in The Resources.
Saltings

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Ok. I think my swivel arrangement may be a bit different. It doesn't look as easy as your description makes it sound. :(:rofl::rofl: I'll have another look at the weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back