Remove toilet blue from bowl ? (1 Viewer)

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Tried to be clever and poor the blue direct down the toilet, lined it up and sneezed without warning blue all over the toilet bowl despite washing quickly with water it did not come off and has stained the bowl. Anyone know a way or substance that will get it off

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
A citric acid mix, or white vinegar...........................may do the trick, but you would have to soak overnight probably to see any effect.

Good luck,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you can bleach the stain but if the surface of the plastic is not sealed, its there for good. I know some folk think it strange, but I clean the bowl and use car wax to seal the plastic. less sticking and no stains

OP
OP
Fontie

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks all, I had a feeling it would be near impossible to get the stain out, I'll try citric acid and white vinegar first then bleach if that doesn't work.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Suck it up with a straw :)

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
Reading this post with interest, Sorry you have stained your loo and I think bleach is a possibility, acidic stuff does not really work to well on plastics I have found, but good for metals. interested to know your results.

Blue chemical crap, bet you never use the stuff again, should be banned. Full of formaldehyde, I Never use the stuff, much better alternatives to use.

Horrible stuff, blue chemical rubbish. F%*ks up the septic sewer systems, and god knows what to the water table, It's only sh*t Oh Please!.. why spend money turning brown sh*t, blue? Go buy some dyes and turn your sh*t rainbow colours. At least it's creative!

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'll try citric acid and white vinegar first
But individually though, just in case there is a reaction between the two, unless you do a small test in a plastic bottle first to see. ;)

We use citric acid in a diluted mix from a garden spray bottle, which not only keeps the bowl clean, but it has removed (and prevented a further build up of) limescale deposits we experience, due to the hard water where we live.
Obviously, it will need to be a stronger mix, with the bowl filled up to a level above the highest stain.
It can be bought in a 1xKg bag from Ebay or Amazon. The white vinegar can be bought cheaply by the gallon, from a Cash & Carry. Both are natural food products, and won't stain nor affect the plastic, like bleach will. :(

As before,

Good luck. (y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Reading this post with interest, Sorry you have stained your loo and I think bleach is a possibility, acidic stuff does not really work to well on plastics I have found, but good for metals. interested to know your results.

Blue chemical crap, bet you never use the stuff again, should be banned. Full of formaldehyde, I Never use the stuff, much better alternatives to use.

Horrible stuff, blue chemical rubbish. F%*ks up the septic sewer systems, and god knows what to the water table, It's only sh*t Oh Please!.. why spend money turning brown sh*t, blue? Go buy some dyes and turn your sh*t rainbow colours. At least it's creative!
Sitting on the fence with this one then?

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Thetford bowl or bathroom cleaner has always removed the blue stain splashes off our bowl. On the odd occasion when we gave forgotten to put it in the cassette and dropped it in from the top.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I found this a while back, never tried it!

To clean plastic sink

Spray the entire sink with a white vinegar and water mixture. Combine 1/4 cup of vinegar for every cup of water used in a spray bottle, and use a soft-bristle brush to gently scrub the sink. White vinegar will also disinfect the sink. Add baking soda to the mix for extra-tough stains, as the baking soda with vinegar will create a fizzy cleaning solution. Create a baking soda paste if desired for additional cleaning by combining three parts baking soda with one part water.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Why oh! why do people spend inordinate amounts of money to try to break down the 'solids'??? in the cassette and then throw it away BEFORE the stuff has had a chance to work.

All you need in that cassette is something to mask the smell, that's all.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
One of the companies which sells perfumed, concentrated blue at the shows also sells a blue removing spray. It's not very good!

I ended up using a slightly abrasive 'cleaner' to remove the last bit of a mark on the only occasion I dripped some blue. I think Brasso actually finally did the trick. I was extremely sparing with it and there were only two or three blue drips anyway. I was worried that the surface would have been damaged by it and was almost resigned to buying a new bowl if that happened but I can report that two years later there has been no discernible degradation in the bowl surface.

Subsequently, I always put the blue in outside before putting the cassette back. We don't use blue now and washing liquid doesn't have the same problem.

I like the idea of polishing the inside of the bowl to add 'slippage' but haven't tried it (or suggested it to she who is in charge of general bowl cleaning!). I also like Jock's suggestion of citric acid in the spray bottle. We use a bit of pink in a bottle (stated to be septic tank friendly) and that has a slight smell to mask any odours but no anti-limescale properties. Essex water is extremely hard, so I might experiment with the addition of a bit of citric acid. If it doesn't explode, I'll experiment on a random bit of plastic in the shed before using it in anger.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Best thing is use green it staines the toilet a lovely shad of green
But when I did use blue can't remember it staning the boll that I can remember in therty years of tugging and campervan treviles
We used to just pee on it don't worry it will go away
Do you think the toilet camical manufactures would make sumthing that leaves a toulet peminanly bameged
So much negative vibes on her man think positively man
Bill

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
i think a few people are still thinking of the old 'blue' chemicals that contained every toxic chemical known to man..........most new blue toilet stuff is made without all that and is septic tank friendly

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Perhaps try some toothpaste? I’ve just cleaned a small white plastic garden table with it and it got out all the old weather stains.

Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Try using UPVc solvent cleaner, as used to clean UPVc windows, if additional work needed for embedded stains use a UPVc cream cleaner. This should return the bowl to its former glory. Then as mentioned wax polish the bowl which will render it resistant to further staining.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Why oh! why do people spend inordinate amounts of money to try to break down the 'solids'???

I don`t............. a long pair of "16inch, Paper Hangers Shears"... just fit`s through the flap and reaches the solids... :giggler:

1565115407202.png

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You're best option is buy a gallon of the stuff and slowly pour it over the whole bowl turning it all blue.
Job sorted and the only all blue toilet bowl in existence, you could start a trend.

Jan 5, 2014
tetbury
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Expedition
Exp
Long time
NO!!!!! DON'T USE A SOLVENT CLEANER!!!!!! It could damage the surface! :madder:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
There's a lot of not so helpful post on her.
It all seems rather odd is it just me
Bill
The op I would think is just a bit miffed at sum of the replys :confused:
Bill

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We dont use any form of chemicals at all in our cassette or toilet other than a drop of Fairy liquid each time I empty and rinse the cassette. When we get home I empty and rinse the cassette and then put half a scoop of Aldi biological washing powder with about a litre of water into the empty cassette, give it a whizz round and leave it to stand for a day or so. This seems to keep the inside stain free.

Our toilet bowl was getting a little discoloured so we mixed a scoop of the same washing powder with enough water to form a stiff paste and brushed this all over the bowl with a paint brush. We left it for a full day and then washed it off with warm water.

This seems to have removed the discoloration. I'm not sure if it will remove the OP's blue stain but might be worth a try?

Barry

OP
OP
Fontie

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
There's a lot of not so helpful post on her.
It all seems rather odd is it just me
Bill
The op I would think is just a bit miffed at sum of the replys :confused:
Bill

I take it all in good fun, I will try all the more helpful reply's and report back which one worked.

Thanks to all :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back