Removal of leisure battery (1 Viewer)

Dec 18, 2017
Lowestoft UK
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 524
Exp
since 2003
I only wanted advice on disconnecting a leisure battery but if it helps, I have a medical condition which makes motorhoming in winter an impossiblity. Could someone please answer my question without beating me up about using my van in winter or is a medical certificate required?:winky:
Spoton Toadi. By the way just wipe the blood off your face. My god """"I THINK"""" Just answer the man.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I see the tread is nearly a year old and the OP was/is unable to use the m/h in winter due to a medical condition but if it was me I'd get a friend or family member to take it out for a 20/30 mile run every couple of weeks rather than leave it dormant. But he did also mention he's a skinflint to maybe he doesn't want to pay the RFL all year round but SORN it instead. ;)

In my experience most stuff in a m/h doesn't wear out through use but suffers from lack of use.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I only wanted advice on disconnecting a leisure battery but if it helps, I have a medical condition which makes motorhoming in winter an impossiblity. Could someone please answer my question without beating me up about using my van in winter or is a medical certificate required?:winky:
Perhaps if you had given the real reasoning for your question without going not detail of course, as opposed to just expressing you are unwilling to pay the road tax you wouldn't have been 'beaten up' as you put it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
The op has been given good advice on charging and battery maintenance. Not all can fulfill the best advice of regular use. The modern ester based oils can create a very acidic and dangerous environment, the minimum requirement is a 20mile run to stir the oil and get hot enough for long enough to drive out water as condensation. If this is not possible and an engine is left idle for 3 months it is safest to drain all oil before starting the engine. So if you leave an engine all winter change the oil and filter before use, before even starting it.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Old thread I know.
Don't store batteries directly on concrete, we have a couple of spares for one of our catering trailers that has a hydraulic system and I was given this advice, I'm assuming it's correct.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back