Remote internal camera for motorhome (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Ring indoor cam. Runs from mains (via adapter) or USB (including a power bank for a few days). I run mine through a MiFi dongle. Works a treat. Also integrates in to my Ring dashboard so I see it along with all my other Ring cameras. Amazon product ASIN B07Q769MFM. Image and sound quality are excellent.
No mains available but thanks

Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 650 MG
Exp
6 years
It runs of USB too. All the mains adapter does is behave like a USB charger. The connection on the back of the camera is a Micro USB port. I run mine off the USB port in the van. I've even run it off a power bank when we've been wild camping not that it draws much from the leisure battery. It doesn't require a mains power source.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
The ring stick up cam can come as either wired or Battery, the battery lasts quite a while as it just activates when there is movement. It also provides a record that the alarm is set and doors are locked as you can see the flashing lights on the Dash (at least that’s how I have set mine up)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti 650 MG
Exp
6 years
The ring stick up cam can come as either wired or Battery, the battery lasts quite a while as it just activates when there is movement. It also provides a record that the alarm is set and doors are locked as you can see the flashing lights on the Dash (at least that’s how I have set mine up)
I use three Stick Up cams at home (outdoors as they are weather proof) and they are brilliant, but for indoor use, the Indoor Cam does the same job and is cheaper by £20 at the moment. I also use one indoor cam in the house and one in the van. However, it's a good point about the Stick Up Cam being battery powered. If you don't have a USB port or power bank then that might be the way to go. You can also get a solar panel to keep the battery of the Stick Up cam topped up. It works well. I use two at home to keep my Stick Up cam batteries topped up. Amazon have a deal on the stick up cam right now so it's only £69 rather than £89 so a bit of a bargain. The indoor Cam is £49. Personally for use inside the van I'd still go for the Indoor Cam with a good power bank and a USB to Micro USB cable. The Ring battery is rated 6040 mAh. A decent power bank will be at least double that and less than the £20 difference between the two cameras. This one offers 4 times the power of the Ring battery and even has a little solar panel built in. For me that's the way to go. Amazon product ASIN B08925YBKM

Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
We have a Reolink Argus which connects wirelessly to our van mifi and is motion activated or you can watch remotely on your phone. Bought for when we wanted to keep an eye on the dog for short periods or when leaving the van and wanted to be alerted if any security issues. It has its own solar charger as well so no drain on the battery. Not the cheapest at around £100 but works very well for what we need and no providing details to all and sundry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back