Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
denisejoe
I was using a round dish almost the size of the rack. Also rack at high as had something else in bottom of pan. Only just got the rack so on a learning curve. I'm thinking maybe silicon oven gloves.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
denisejoe
I was using a round dish almost the size of the rack. Also rack at high as had something else in bottom of pan. Only just got the rack so on a learning curve. I'm thinking maybe silicon oven gloves.
Have to admit to not having tried "double decker" use of the Remoska; I really only use the bottom of the pan. If I want to do chops or something I prefer to use a frying pan using spray oil.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
May be of interest to Remoska owners

The small size will, I reckon, fit the standard Remoska. Black Friday code gets 10% off and free P+P. There is also a large size.
Lakeland do stainless steel racks for each Remoska https://www.lakeland.co.uk/search/remoska+rack - not cheap but last for years - we have them in both of ours. They can be used either way up.

10067_1

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
Lakeland do stainless steel racks for each Remoska https://www.lakeland.co.uk/search/remoska+rack - not cheap but last for years - we have them in both of ours. They can be used either way up.

10067_1
I've got the Lakeland rack but want the basket with handles to aid removing some food. It also has a 3 section divider insert but not really bothered about that. £8 with the deal, bargain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
May be of interest to Remoska owners

The small size will, I reckon, fit the standard Remoska. Black Friday code gets 10% off and free P+P. There is also a large size.
What a good idea ... I'm sure I'll have a pressure cooker basket that will fit ours!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Love the Remoska Oven use it a lot, even just warming up pasties or pies.(y) I have also been quite adventurous cooking so many meals with it.
BUT!
I find I have to make up a tin foil cartouche which I place over the food, especially whole Chicken, Pies etc otherwise the tops will be carbonised.
My only wish would be that The Remosa Oven was thermostatically controlled, it would improve it 100%.
The lid does get very hot, so I always place it on a thick silicon mat, when removed to stir or check progress of cooking.
I also find that I get even better results if I caramelise onions, Meats etc in a sauté pan on the gas hob, then place in an orderly fashion into the Remoska to bake, Lamb steak stew or curries is a good example.
I also warm up morning Croissants, or Brioche buns in the Remoska, but ALWAYS with a Tin Foil cartouche otherwise they would be burnt black in minutes.
Including a thermostat would be so much easier, would I buy another?:unsure: I would have to check out what else low energy wise is out there first.
LES

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I did recently see a Remoska lookalike with a thermostat. Can't remember the make. Think it was being plugged as ideal for students with limited space. Cost about £75.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Had a Remoska for about 15 years now, wouldn’t be without one.
Roast meats, baked cakes, re-heated anything, Biryani, Toad in the Hole, If it will cook in an oven between 180 and 200 it will be fine in the Remoska!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I have stripped one to have a look after it failed, I have never seen a bigger pile of junk. I wouldn't have another if it was free.
One Remoska I had didn’t seem quite right, the lid didn’t fit as well as I expected and always had a rattle. Hubby opened it up one time and found it was cr…p inside poorly made and the heating element looked just like a spring, was a pig to get it back together.
I suspect it was one of the foreign ones you can get that are a lot cheaper than the Lakeland ones.
The Lakeland ones have a solid ring heating element and altho the glass rattles on the older model they are better made. The modern ones are different again!
They are a basic build but they work and were originally built for the third world where they were needed.

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
One Remoska I had didn’t seem quite right, the lid didn’t fit as well as I expected and always had a rattle. Hubby opened it up one time and found it was cr…p inside poorly made and the heating element looked just like a spring, was a pig to get it back together.
I suspect it was one of the foreign ones you can get that are a lot cheaper than the Lakeland ones.
The Lakeland ones have a solid ring heating element and altho the glass rattles on the older model they are better made. The modern ones are different again!
They are a basic build but they work and were originally built for the third world where they were needed.
Ours was from Lakeland :LOL::LOL:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We bought the grand size of this one, no worries, works perfect much cheaper than shopping at Lakeland and from what I can see just the same quality.
We place a teflon sheet inside to protect the surface and make lifting out easy.

<Broken link removed>

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Good to see that Alza are shipping (£9.50 for one or any number of items) more to the UK again now - good choice of Remoska https://www.alza.co.uk/search.htm?exps=remoska including four types of the Grand model but not full choice - I like this one as it's tri-ply stainless steel with a removable cable but not on UK shipping list:

ImgW.ashx

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
When one of our old ones stopped working we opened up the lid and it had what looked like a 'necklace' round it, about an inch in from the lid circumference, how on earth it worked at all I don't know as it looked totally cr@p.
Are you sure they have a solid ring? Have you inspected yours?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Possibly, similar price range
It's a good compromise size-wise being 3 litres - some find the 2 litre too small, others the 4 litre too big, this one therefore is the 'Goldilocks' version! :giggle:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Personally I wouldn’t give the Alza Remoska house room.
Although the Lakeland one is expensive, for what it is, it is better made and does have the solid heating element!
I agree it would be nice to have a thermostat but it would cost even more then!
Just had an interesting meal-heated up Pork Pie in the Remoska, homemade chips, and peas.
Hot Pork Pie is luverly, yum!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Hot Pork Pie is luverly, yum!
Indeed it is, something I only found out about a few years ago, I like it with gravy. :tounge:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Although the Lakeland one is expensive, for what it is, it is better made and does have the solid heating element!
I'm not doubting you but how do you know? I haven't been able to find anything on the internet about how it's produced.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The very first Remoska I had about 15/16 years ago got its lid dropped onto a tiled floor which dented the exterior slightly, Hubby took it apart to straighten it and the heating element was a solid rod going round the interior of the lid.

One I had a few years back didn’t seem quite right the lid wasn’t a good fit and it just felt inferior, no label on it either so when it started misbehaving hubby took it apart and found the heating element in that one was like a spring round the inside of the lid.

One recently was misbehaving and the lid proved to be the same as the first.
Both the first one and the recent one were Lakeland Remoskas as the first one was new bought from Lakeland and the recent one was unused-secondhand in its original box with paperwork etc.
They both had the stick on label on the handle and felt better made than the middle one which had no labels and felt inferior to use.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The very first Remoska I had about 15/16 years ago got its lid dropped onto a tiled floor which dented the exterior slightly, Hubby took it apart to straighten it and the heating element was a solid rod going round the interior of the lid.

One I had a few years back didn’t seem quite right the lid wasn’t a good fit and it just felt inferior, no label on it either so when it started misbehaving hubby took it apart and found the heating element in that one was like a spring round the inside of the lid.

One recently was misbehaving and the lid proved to be the same as the first.
Both the first one and the recent one were Lakeland Remoskas as the first one was new bought from Lakeland and the recent one was unused-secondhand in its original box with paperwork etc.
They both had the stick on label on the handle and felt better made than the middle one which had no labels and felt inferior to use.
It's interesting as to why the one we had which was a genuine Remoska (old style one with glass in lid) had the 'bead' type heating element, I wonder if they were 'experimenting' with cheaper ways to make it but went back to the solid ring.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
It's interesting as to why the one we had which was a genuine Remoska (old style one with glass in lid) had the 'bead' type heating element, I wonder if they were 'experimenting' with cheaper ways to make it but went back to the solid ring.
Quite possible or maybe looking at saving money, Lakeland don’t make them so poss factor ran out of stock!?!?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
One thing hubby complains of occasionally is that the base isn't tall enough so stuff can burn on the top even with a cover - I was thinking of using an extender ring from a halogen oven - has anyone tried this?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back