• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD REMOSKA (1 Viewer)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Standard Remoska, inc internal trivet, used condition, works, bit scratched but Teflon still non stick.
£45.00.
Not sure on P&P.

873DCA46-A6A0-4BD4-A755-FBD3402E9316.jpeg 83867828-615F-446B-96D5-03F33FDA8FA3.jpeg 8DA480D0-9A75-41CD-AF2A-3CE429BEA73E.jpeg 02FCD9D0-2CB4-4AAB-81BC-B56E31F93995.jpeg FB67595E-11AB-4373-A044-97FA02362109.jpeg

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Ours stopped working, kept blowing the fuse, took it back to Lakeland and they gave us the minimum without a receipt a £65 voucher to spend in store, as we had another in our daughters loft we got a slow cooker and other things to spend it all. :D2
;) I'm not telling you what to do, but.......... :LOL: Bob.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thanks Bob!
Have done that in the past and got a new one.
I have one, this is my mums and it works just fine!:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Lakeland are unlikely to 'honour' any warranty on the older ones now ... last time I did it over a year ago they were VERY reluctant to do anything due to the new ones being out so long so they might not play ball now.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We took ours back in June this year no problem, after all the warranty is for life and we still have one that is probably 10 years old but been in the loft for 5 years. :LOL: Bob.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We took ours back in June this year no problem, after all the warranty is for life and we still have one that is probably 10 years old but been in the loft for 5 years. :LOL: Bob.
Actually it wasn't a FOR LIFE guarantee but a lifetime satisfaction guarantee ... it was always subject to whether or not you'd had 'satisfactory' usage of the product over x number of years (taking into account wear and tear) so if you took in a battered Remoska that you'd obviously had good use of they could, legitimately, decline your claim.

However it's all changed now and it's only a 3-year guarantee:

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/info/LakelandGuarantee

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
That is the manufacturers warranty.. but it is trumped by >>>

Sale of Goods Act, Now the Consumer Rights Act 2015 ..

customers are entitled to have faulty goods replaced or repaired for up to six years, at no charge, which the retailer should carry out "within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience."

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act
Do you think Motorhome dealers would accept that? It would be interesting for someone to try a test case.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That is the manufacturers warranty.. but it is trumped by >>>

Sale of Goods Act, Now the Consumer Rights Act 2015 ..

customers are entitled to have faulty goods replaced or repaired for up to six years, at no charge, which the retailer should carry out "within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience."

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act
The pertinent wording though is UP TO ...

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
This one is a bargain. I would buy it but I’ve already got 2! One for house, one for van. Will have a think....

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The pertinent wording though is UP TO ...

indeed.. up to SIX years .. not longer .. for manufacturing faults, it doesn't cover usual wear and tear ..

Fully explained here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...cused-of-denying-six-year-warranty-right.html

Repair or replacement rights explained

Typically, sellers or manufacturers offer their own commercial guarantees, which promise to repair product if it is faulty. While most last at least one year, many shops try to persuade customers into buying costly warranties for electrical goods and appliances.

Yet customers are entitled to have faulty goods replaced or repaired for up to six years, at no charge, which the retailer should carry out "within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience."

If the seller doesn't repair or replace an item, customers can claim some money back on the original purchase price, minus an amount for the usage they have had of the goods.

The rule covers a fault that was present when you bought the item, or a defect that occurs from a manufacturing problem rather than as the result of usual wear and tear.

The seller (not the manufacturer) is responsible for the items, so the Sale of Goods Act applies to online and independent retailers, as well as High Street shops.

Last edited:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
indeed.. up to SIX years .. not longer ..

Fully explained here https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance...cused-of-denying-six-year-warranty-right.html

Repair or replacement rights explained

Typically, sellers or manufacturers offer their own commercial guarantees, which promise to repair product if it is faulty. While most last at least one year, many shops try to persuade customers into buying costly warranties for electrical goods and appliances.

Yet customers are entitled to have faulty goods replaced or repaired for up to six years, at no charge, which the retailer should carry out "within a reasonable time but without causing significant inconvenience."

If the seller doesn't repair or replace an item, customers can claim some money back on the original purchase price, minus an amount for the usage they have had of the goods.

The rule covers a fault that was present when you bought the item, or a defect that occurs from a manufacturing problem rather than as the result of usual wear and tear.

The seller (not the manufacturer) is responsible for the items, so the Sale of Goods Act applies to online and independent retailers, as well as High Street shops.
Tiss true, i told my sister this when her freezer broke down at 3 years old and she was getting nowhere with the retailers, after quoting what i told her she managed to get 3/4 of what she paid back and put towards a new freezer,(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back