Remoska - what is better - with a mirror layer or without? (1 Viewer)

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
I'm wanting to purchase a grand remoska, some are offered with a mirror layer, and some without, what's your thoughts please?

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I have no idea what it is either :confused: What I do know is this is the best place to buy them
https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska/1885...owLKUOAK6C7rnZqu8MaGJob-7PquK59kaAnaNEALw_wcB
Yes my wife brought one from them recently, the one with the glass window in the lid. Three weeks ago brought another, without window, at a car boot sale for £4. Can now have on at home, used all the time, and one in the motorhome.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
57F1AD26-2A2F-40B1-8AB2-1C6420380202.jpeg
Ok I’ll ask. What’s a remoska. I do know what a mirror layer is tho.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm wanting to purchase a grand remoska, some are offered with a mirror layer, and some without, what's your thoughts please?
I think it's just referring to the outer lid of the Remoska which has a mirror finish rather than a painted/matt finish.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I think it's just referring to the outer lid of the Remoska which has a mirror finish rather than a painted/matt finish.

Wow, seriously?

Hmm, thinking of buying a car. Should I go for the blue one or the green one?

Ian

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Wow, seriously?

Hmm, thinking of buying a car. Should I go for the blue one or the green one?

Ian
Yes seriously ... they do different coloured aluminium ones as well as the mirror finish (ie polished stainless steel) lidded ones.

As for the car ... a nice lime green one! :D2

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Yes seriously ... they do different coloured aluminium ones as well as the mirror finish (ie polished stainless steel) lidded ones.

As for the car ... a nice lime green one! :D2

Never mind the car, how about helping the OP out with their dilemma.

Personally, I’d go for the mirrored one. Reason? Like all good pieces of kit in a MoHo, it becomes multi-purpose; one can use it for:
  • Checking that there are no potential illegal immigrants secreting themselves under the Motorhome hoping for a lift across the channel. (Just extend your arm with said Remoska kid under the vehicle whilst checking the ‘mirror’.
  • Checking the effectiveness of one’s shaving efforts.
  • Supporting the application of one’s make-up.
  • You get the reflection!
It’s a no brainier, the mirrored one it must be!

Ian

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
The mirrored one is actually made for people who are dieting. The mirror makes it look like there is twice as much food as there really is in the pan so your brain is fooled into thinking a feast is on the way, and as a result it sends a message to Mr Stomach to tell him he will soon be full up. That's science that is.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Never mind the car, how about helping the OP out with their dilemma.

Personally, I’d go for the mirrored one. Reason? Like all good pieces of kit in a MoHo, it becomes multi-purpose; one can use it for:
  • Checking that there are no potential illegal immigrants secreting themselves under the Motorhome hoping for a lift across the channel. (Just extend your arm with said Remoska kid under the vehicle whilst checking the ‘mirror’.
  • Checking the effectiveness of one’s shaving efforts.
  • Supporting the application of one’s make-up.
  • You get the reflection!
It’s a no brainier, the mirrored one it must be!

Ian
You're not Conchita by any chance are you??? :D

p01ws4rq.jpg

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I’ve been wondering about these for a while, had look at them in Lakeland yesterday, £149 for standard 2L and £169 for the Grand 4L. I wanted to get the big one, but Cindy’s voice of reason thought the smaller version would be better for the van.

End result being my just having ordered a ‘champagne gold’ standard 2L remoska with window from Alza for £77.

https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r-21...71UaFy60TaayW08kYjrlsSiP0_e_nMCxoCxdoQAvD_BwE

Not bothered about the colour at that price. Guessing it comes with a Euro 2-pin plug, so also ordered a UK adapter from same site.

Let’s see if it’s what it’s cracked up to be...

Edit: seems Lakeland are also selling the ‘limited edition champagne gold’ version, but at a bit of a price..

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/31846/Champagne-Gold-Standard-Remoska-Electric-Cooker-2L-Limited-Edition

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Have to admit I bought one of the “special edition” champagne ones when I was in Lakeland at Windermere a year or 2 ago. Total impulse buy but it meant I could keep my original one ( bought on eBay) in the house & not have to keep transferring it to van & back. Delighted with it, didn’t realise there was an alternative source for buying them ☹️☹️

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
The Remoska is a very useful tool in the MH as long as you’re on hook up!
I have one of the older ones with the window in the lid, I like to be able to see how things are cooking without removing the lid and losing heat.
If there are only 2 or 3 of you the Standard size is fine, it will hold a small-medium size whole chicken or a joint of meat.
I do chicken joints/thighs on a selection of veg, Biryanis, Toad-in-th-hole, bread, cakes.....etc, (for a cake I use a cake tin inside the Remoska base.)
The Standard Remoska runs at about 190° so most things that cook in an oven for around that temp (up to about 220°) will cook in the Remoska.
I’ve been using them for about 12 years now and wouldn’t be without one!

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Bought mine this year from Alza. Really pleased with delivery etc. It was delayed slightly but they contacted me to let me know why. Came beautifully packed. Love it, especially as I saved £60 on the price at Lakeland. Makes fantastic scones. Whilst in the van we have a lovely roast chicken meal etc., and hardly any washing up and no oven to clean! All of this because I asked for advice on this forum and the replies were so helpful even if the questions I asked may have seemed silly and trivial. Go for it!

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Agree Alza is a good place to buy from, but £14.50 for delivery seems a bit steep

that literally just stalled me placing my order

but also made me question the wattage of our inverter

been out to check

we have a Sterling 600W PSW inverter

the 2l remoska takes 400W, the large one 580W,

now need to decide on small and stay with inverter we have, or large and upgrade inverter

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Do the Remoskas ordered from alza.co.uk come with European 2-pin plugs, or with British ones? I'd prefer the 2-pin, but it's not a deal-breaker. :)

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Do the Remoskas ordered from alza.co.uk come with European 2-pin plugs, or with British ones? I'd prefer the 2-pin, but it's not a deal-breaker. :)
The one we recently ordered from Alza came with the Euro 2 pin plug.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8

2 pin but they sell the appropriate adapter very cheap. All works really well.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I’ve been wondering about these for a while, had look at them in Lakeland yesterday, £149 for standard 2L and £169 for the Grand 4L. I wanted to get the big one, but Cindy’s voice of reason thought the smaller version would be better for the van.

End result being my just having ordered a ‘champagne gold’ standard 2L remoska with window from Alza for £77.

https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska-r-21...71UaFy60TaayW08kYjrlsSiP0_e_nMCxoCxdoQAvD_BwE

Not bothered about the colour at that price. Guessing it comes with a Euro 2-pin plug, so also ordered a UK adapter from same site.

Let’s see if it’s what it’s cracked up to be...

Edit: seems Lakeland are also selling the ‘limited edition champagne gold’ version, but at a bit of a price..

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/31846/Champagne-Gold-Standard-Remoska-Electric-Cooker-2L-Limited-Edition

Would be interested know how you are getting on with it please.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Would be interested know how you are getting on with it please.
We've only used it once for an initial test run - roast chicken, potatoes etc. I was genuinely surprised how good the chicken and spuds turned out. Definitely a keeper for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back