Remoska Timings (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Just trying out Remoska. I am finding that the suggested timings in the recipes are not long enough. Advice please as trying out baking and have to add on at least 10 minutes.

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
We're away in our motorhome at the mo and I'm just about to cook a roast dinner (beef) in ours. I tend to go by my own timing, the same as cooking in a normal oven. I'm guessing the ramoska is set at about 190 or gas mark 5/6. Timings are never exact in anything.....love ours it's great.
So roast beef, roast spuds, Yorkshire puddings, and roasted root veggies.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Thank you. That sounds lovely, how on earth do you work out (a)how to fit it all in, and (b) timing it all so it is ready at same thing me? My dream is to be able to serve up a roast whilst sitting outside van on a Sunday in France whilst enjoying a glass of wine and not being hot and bothered in the van to achieve this!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thank you. That sounds lovely, how on earth do you work out (a)how to fit it all in, and (b) timing it all so it is ready at same thing me? My dream is to be able to serve up a roast whilst sitting outside van on a Sunday in France whilst enjoying a glass of wine and not being hot and bothered in the van to achieve this!

We just roast the meat and potatoes in ours and cook the veg separately.

I say “ we” but I mean my wife:)

pawwavingpuppy

Free Member
Jul 6, 2010
Here in lovely South Devon
Funster No
I have the large ramoska. It easily takes a whole chicken. I time it as I would at home. Roughly 2 hours for the chicken. And I'll put the spuds in (which I par boil) after the chicken has been cooking for an hour and a half. Take the chicken out when its had its 2 hours and it'll sit for half an hour covered in foil. I give the spuds an hour roughly. I put the veggies in when I get the chicken out. For the last 10 minutes I'll Chuck in the (cheater yorkshires)

Job done..
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Yum, enjoy!

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Depends what you are cooking, I have the old remoskas with the glass lid. The ambient temperature makes a difference, so if van is cold or outside, use it under the canopy, it will take longer to cook.Know it says not to heat with nothing in, but nothing to stop you putting a bit of water in and throwing it away before putting food in. I don't put food in a cold oven and rarely put food in a cold remoska. in a hot big remoska, big chunks of potato and carrot, half or quartered onions, and chicken, bung the lid on and about an hour later all ready.
Love frittata cooked in the remoska but it is far quicker to do it in a normal pan. I don't pre fry or par boil anything, all a matter of taste though. Keep experimenting, you'll soon get it the way you want it. Think the secret is a hot remoska to start with.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Thank you. It does seem logical to warm the oven up before cooking. Thanks for the tip about preheating with water. Had success today with cheese scones. Must try cooking a meal!

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
It's me again! Thank you all for your help previously with regard to getting a Remoska. Still trying it out and a little cautious. Made a lovely packet lemon drizzle cake the other day but because a 2lb bread tin Does not fit into the Remoska used a sandwich tin which was ok. However would like to try a fruit cake but the smallest tin I have is almost as tall as the inside of the Remoska. How close to the lid can you go with a tin? What do others use to bake in?

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I find the Remoska takes a while to get up to temperature. Once its heated up its quite quick.
I've made a yorkshire pudding in it and just poured the mixture in the pan. I expect you could do the same with a cake. Otherwise I think one of those rubber cake tins would fit in. It would be round though.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
How do you stop it sticking to the pan?

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
:)Of course it is! I forgot as I chose the terracotta colour so the whole pan is this colour. Thanks:LOL:

Green Man

Free Member
Nov 26, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2014
It also makes a difference how you arrange the food in the pan. Stuff in the centre cooks slower than that nearer the sides because of the heat conducted from the lid.

My favourite 1 pot chicken dinner is to bung a load of root veggies/halved onions etc in the pan with a halved lemon or bulb of garlic. Add a tablespoon or so of olive oil plus seasoning and sprigs of thyme or rosemary. Mix it all to coat then arrange chicken pieces (skin side down to start then turn skin side up after about 30 minutes) on top. Cook til done. Move the chicken nearer the side to crisp the skin. Eat. Simple.

OP
OP
Pekepal
Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Sounds Yummy! Have added it to my Remoska receipies.

Apr 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift
I’m trying to learn how to use the Remoska for a roast dinner. I’m making roast beef, roast potatoes and some veg. I’m going to have use the oven for the roast potatoes and the steamer over a pan of boiling water for the veg today as I haven’t found a method for roast spuds in the Remoska. I bought the Remoska cook book too but I couldn’t understand how I might roast a beef joint.
I hope it’s a good buy as the power rati is low so cheaper to run than the convection oven.
Can anyone recommend a method for roast potatoes in a Remoska?

JnJ

Mar 15, 2019
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
For roast potatoes, toss potatoes in oil (even size pieces or small whole ones) line Ramoska with foil, add potatoes and leave to cook for about an hour if raw or 30mins if part boiled first. You can add seasoning or garlic etc.
Joy

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
I found a trivet/rack from an old microwave which has 50 mm/2 in legs. Meat goes on the rack (chops/chicken legs etc) veg on the bottom.

Two large potatoes - sliced longitudinally into 8 wedges and drizzled with olive oil and a couple of large chicken legs takes about 45 mins - 1 hour (or 1 and a half glasses of wine - which ever is the longer!)

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
If you have a remoska lid with glass, scrunch a piece of tin foil over it, this will concentrate the heat to the middle as well as edges.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back