Remoska standard internal dimensions (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone know the internal diameter of the standard (2L) Remoska. We are thinking of getting one but want to know if we can fit any of our dishes in. At the moment we prepare dishes like lasagna and cottage pie in rectangular dishes and freeze them before putting them in the motorhome freezer. They are heated in our small oven. With the Remoska we will need to put two in together so need to know the maximum size dish we can use. I believe the Remoska has slightly sloping sides so Inside bottom and top dimensions would be appreciated.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Not sure why you would put dishes in the Romoska? You use the base pan as the cooking vessel and dish up onto plates, i would remove prepared food from your dishes and lay int9 the Romoska pan and heat in normal way. I don’t think you should put dishes inside it. Just for info standard is 9in diameter by 4in depth.

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the reply and the dimensions.
Are you saying that the Remoska cannot be used to reheat food in a dish as in a normal oven?
We have a small oven in our current van but our next one may not have one thus we are looking at alternatives.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Thanks for the reply and the dimensions.
Are you saying that the Remoska cannot be used to reheat food in a dish as in a normal oven?
We have a small oven in our current van but our next one may not have one thus we are looking at alternatives.
You can use it this way - we've used one on occasions to cook a ready meal in its container. You'd probably want to take care that any foil dishes didn't scratch the non-stick surface of the pan, though, particularly the top lip of the foil dish.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
In the instruction book it says yes In foil but not in plastic. It does say you can heat from frozen and do frozen pizzas, so maybe you can put oven proof dishes in. The only time we have put frozen food in, it was a casserole which we just emptied out of the tupperware straight into the pan.
if you are thinking of getting a van without an oven, (we have never had a oven) think about a bosch microwave grill for defrosting, cooking and toasting/grilling and a remoska and maybe a small slow cooker for sticking fresh prepared stews etc. and leaving for the day whilst your out.
you have enough options then to cook more or less anything.
good luck

Sep 22, 2009
nottingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
We use our "glass" cooking dishes in the remoska,but,I did cut a silicon sheet to fit the base to stop scratching

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just measured ours: bottom diameter 20cm, top diameter 22cm and to where the underside of the lid sits is around 8.5 cm but obviously you'd want to leave a bit of a gap to allow the heat to circulate and not burn stuff.

No reason why could couldn't use containers but they need to be thin otherwise it would take a while to get the heat through to the bottom, a couple of the standard take-away type foil ones would probably work best if you squish the corners a bit or go for one longer one with both portions in it.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I don’t think you should put dishes inside it.
You can get dishes supplied by lakeland for the remoska I have an unused one for the grand. doubt you would get two lasagnes (supermarket size) in the standard but should fit in the grand.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back