Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I am agonising about what to take in the MH Remoska or Slow cooker .....both have been gathering dust in my cupboard for a few years now . I once did baked potatoes in the Remoska and a few meals in the Slow cooker and then forgot that I even had them . I am no cook ...hate cooking and love M&S readymeals but at a push make a curry or spagbog
and salads and sunday roast but make hints about eating out as often as I can . We are hoping to tour Scotland in September for a month and would appreciate any input and easy recepies for both . We also have a Cadac carry chef but hubby hates the task of cleaning it after grilling . Pity we cannot have a dishwasher in the MH !

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I can accept the slow cooker gathering dust, but the Remoska! :eek: Ours is used every day at home, and always goes in the van with us. I dread the day our old one breaks down and we have to buy the new one, which I don't think is as good, so if you want to sell us the Remoska, you'll have room to take the slow cooker with you! ;) We also have a Cadac that is gathering dust in the garage, and as for the dishwasher, ours at home is a wine rack, I was sick of the arguments of who would fill/empty it, and to be honest to stand up and wash and wipe the dishes after eating is a much healthier way of carrying on!

Styx

Free Member
May 1, 2010
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I am agonising about what to take in the MH Remoska or Slow cooker .....both have been gathering dust in my cupboard for a few years now . I once did baked potatoes in the Remoska and a few meals in the Slow cooker and then forgot that I even had them . I am no cook ...hate cooking and love M&S readymeals but at a push make a curry or spagbog
and salads and sunday roast but make hints about eating out as often as I can . We are hoping to tour Scotland in September for a month and would appreciate any input and easy recepies for both . We also have a Cadac carry chef but hubby hates the task of cleaning it after grilling . Pity we cannot have a dishwasher in the MH !

If you use a sheet of re-usable cooking liner (available £shop, Aldi etc) on the Cadac when grilling, it saves a lot of the washing up (you can even pour a little oil on to it and fry eggs!) - just swill the sheet in hot soapy water afterwards and use again (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
At home I never fry sausages always put the in the remoska, lots of other uses, have also made cakes in it when away in the van. Slow cooker used at least once a week at home, meat veg & potatoes all put in before going out in the morning come home to a lovely aroma and supper all ready. Have also cooked joints of beef in it, keeps it moist and always tender but so far haven't taken it away in the van as needs to be on hook up all day and we are usually travelling somewhere. I have just made myself a wonderbag and will try it out in the van next time we are away.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i say forget both and use a pressure cooker . cooks meals really quick . and keeps all the good stuff in the pot . you can cook a steam pudding as a cake . its scrummy ,mmm
use mine in the van and at home .
mind i have several pressure cookers . one takes 6 chickens , used it when commercial cooking .

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Remoska every time never leave home without ours one of the best accessories we ever bought

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Another vote for Remoska! SWMBO uses it to cook almost everything. Almost daily at home too; so now have one in the van and another in the kitchen.

Mike

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Leave both at home, order Takeaways, paper plates, fingers to eat, drink from the bottle
no washing up!
Sorted!

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Another vote for Remoska! SWMBO uses it to cook almost everything. Almost daily at home too; so now have one in the van and another in the kitchen.

Mike
Same here, SWMBO wouldn't be without hers.
Brisey.

Aug 30, 2010
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 772f Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
It's a 'no brainer' Remoska every time far more versatile than a slow cooker.
Slow cookers are for 'Winter food' that fill the MH with the most delicious aromas's which when you open the door on your return from your cold winter walk set your taste buds a 'tingling'

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for our response. I am dusting the Remoska now and will heat M&S
moussaka in it tonight and see if it still works and all is OK it will be sausages tomorrow ! The only concern is the fact that you cannot adjust the temperature ....Moussaka should be cooked in an oven at gas 6 for 25-30 mins . I guess that I will find out soon enough .

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Following with interest as debating whether to use small slow cooker daughter has returned from uni or purchase ramoska and if so which size - 99% times just 2 of us with occasional extra offspring tagging along

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Following with interest as debating whether to use small slow cooker daughter has returned from uni or purchase ramoska and if so which size - 99% times just 2 of us with occasional extra offspring tagging along
Always the larger one - I can't see the point of the smaller one, unless you have a space issue.

OP
OP
Cobweb

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi

Success ....moussaka piping hot ! Since you are not supposed to preheat it empty I gave it an extra 5 minutes cooking time . Must be careful when removing the lid though since it is very very hot ! My Remoska is the regular size and it will be fine in the MH and big enough for the two of us .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back