Remoska or Bravoska (1 Viewer)

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
I have never heard a bad thing said about them apart from be careful not to burn yourself handling the lid while cooking.

Hi all,
:Smile: I've got a large Remoska and I've used it in the MH when on EHU and at home - it's really good, econonical, easy to clean and keeps the flavours in the food brilliantly. I find lifting the lid awkward - trying to put it down hot side up (so I don't burn the work-surface or damage the lid/heating element) without burning myself.:Blush:

:cry:I was clumsy enough to burn my fingers with steam quite badly at Stratford when lifting the lid off the double skillet I bought at the show. WOW, did it hurt!! :shout: I spent Friday night changing partly frozen cloths in order to draw the heat out. (This worked really well if anyone is unfortunate enought ot burn themself.) :cry:

::bigsmile: Burns aside, the double skillet is also a great piece of kit (much cheaper than the Remoska) and a very good alternative to the Remoska with the advantage that it can be used on gas or electric cookers. It has two pans which fit on top of each other, two handles and a glass lid. The two pans can be 'clipped' together and used dry or with liquid on a constant low heat setting. In this mode it works like the Remoska i.e. it becomes an 'oven' but the heat source is below not above. If no liquid is used e.g. baked potatoes, it can be turned over to ensure even cooking. The pans can also be used one on top of the other with the glass lid on the top pan (you would put the food that takes the least cooking time in the top - I haven't used it like this yet.

:Cool: Has anyone tried making/using a solar cooker (NO FUEL COSTS), especially on the continent where there is more sun (link: **Link Removed I really must give this a try sometime! :thumb:

Happy travelling, GrandmaLiz

** P.S. I didn't know I couldn't copy and paste a web-link so if you're interested either do a search for solar cooking archives (which has alot of useful info and other links) or www.solarcooking.org

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back