LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
@Carol just checked our local Lakeland shop and they have said no such offer. Where did the email come?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
As is says it it was back late April, I happened to see it in the shop at the time, bought the gold one with the clear see through lid. Friends went the following week and the offer had gone by then. You have to get the things when you see them - a bit like Lidl offers.

Oct 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T60
Exp
Since September 2017 after a Maui van in NZ 20 years ago
I’m interested in buying one of these but keep hesitating because of the price - have you found it useful? I enjoy cooking but prefer to cook outside the van to minimise food smells. We have a 6m motorhome and no extractor. Im using a cadac safari chef 2 in a cooking tent while we are away for the winter. Remoskas have just gone up £10 at lakeland so I need to get a wriggle on if I’m going to invest!

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
A Remoska won’t disapoint you cooking wise, I’ve had on (or 2) for years now and wouldn’t be without one.
In general you don’t got much smell from them.
I have roasted Duck legs, Chicken-whole or bits-potatoes, root veg.
Baked potatoes are good, casseroles-my favourite is fill the bottom with root veg and put skinned chicken thighs on top a very small amount of water and cook, thicken juices for gravy, in an hour you have a very tasty succulent meal without any fuss!
A Remoska won’t stew, as it’s running temp is 180-190° And obviously it only comes into its own on EHU although I have run mine from the Genny!

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Has anyone used Alza, a bit nervous as know nothing about them but the price of Grande Remoska is amazing.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Has anyone used Alza, a bit nervous as know nothing about them but the price of Grande Remoska is amazing.
I bought my standard Remoska from Alza a couple of years ago no problem, there have been previous posts on MHF about Alza but I've had no trouble with mine.

Oct 30, 2017
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T60
Exp
Since September 2017 after a Maui van in NZ 20 years ago
Thanks everyone for the tips. I will get on with buying one now. I thought there was no alternative to Lakeland or eBay so cheers, very helpful.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
:D I've also taken the plunge with Alza and have ordered the standard remoska. Thank you very one for your help it has been greatly appreciated. Can't wait to try it now!

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
It's arrived! Ordered Remoska standard from Alza. It has arrived on time and packed extremely well. It looks great and the size looks as if it will be ideal. Just got to pluck up courage to cook with it now! Will send off for recipe book and rack. Thank you all, you saved me £60 which is greatly appreciated.:D

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We find a multicooker more versatile (and cheaper!) - we've cooked everything from moules to Christmas lunch in ours.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morphy-Richards-562020-9-in-1-Intellichef-5L-Multi-Cooker-in-White-Brand-New/
Janine, how do you find this cooker for emitting steam into the van? I have the Redmond multi cooker, which is a great cooker but produces a lot of steam. I end up having to wipe the cupboards down during use, or have to use it outside - currently not an option as it's freezing out.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Janine, how do you find this cooker for emitting steam into the van? I have the Redmond multi cooker, which is a great cooker but produces a lot of steam. I end up having to wipe the cupboards down during use, or have to use it outside - currently not an option as it's freezing out.

I can't say that I've ever noticed! I suppose it depends on what you're cooking and how much liquid there is. We've used it for slow cooking chicken, baking camembert and making stew/chilli. We're not into deep frying so not sure about that producing steam and we do cook outside if it's something smelly like moules.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back