138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I’ve read posts on here, where posters insist they absolutely have to have a “proper” gas oven. I started off with the entire bit of kit, in our Swift, plus microwave. Since then we’ve had a Pilote, and a Laika, with small ovens that were poor and over heated the motorhome. I’d never again bother with a microwave or a gas oven.

I am now the proud, and very impressed owner, of a Remoska. In all my years of camping, boating, caravaning and motorhoming I’ve never owned such a great appliance.

I’ve just cooked a whole chicken, potatoes, carrots and stuffing and it was excellent. No mess, easy to wash up and delicious food!

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Remoska cooked chicken is the best! 🍗 We have the Grand at home & the Standard in the motorhome (y)
Keep looking at these, do you know if they are discounted at present! Lakeland doing free delivery on order over £45... Other than that? :unsure: (y)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Snoopy - as a myLakeland customer I have a 10% discount voucher & another voucher for free Remoska cookbook that I can PM to you if you are planning on ordering? Worth going to Lakeland via Quidco for 2% cashback too!
Lakeland do have a bit of a monopoly on Remoska ovens again as Alza Shop no longer ship to the UK :(

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Do you guys spatchcock (flatten) your chicken or buy a small one that fits under the lid on the standard Remoska?
I also have a couple of home made tin foil cartouches to stop food sticking to the lid element, going to try cutting a BBQ heatproof mat to size as that stuff is incredibly useful and can be washed and re-used.
I also warm up pies, pasties, and any ready made or homemade meal that comes in a tin foil container,(like fish pies) but put the tin foil cartouche in to stop the pastry burning on top, take off for last 5 mins to brown potato toppings on cottage pies or fish pies .
As PamPam says they do make the best jacket potatoes, give them an hour, take them out cut in half, fork in butter, add grated cheese & sliced cured meats, lid back on 5 mins later you have a scrummy meal.
Have fun.
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
They are indeed brilliant, but if you are going to rely on a Remoska as a gas oven replacement, you either need lots of solar & a good battery bank or you limit yourself to always having EHU available.

A double skillet makes a pretty good oven replacement if you need to use gas.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi Snoopy - as a myLakeland customer I have a 10% discount voucher & another voucher for free Remoska cookbook that I can PM to you if you are planning on ordering? Worth going to Lakeland via Quidco for 2% cashback too!
Lakeland do have the monopoly on Remoska ovens again as Alza Shop no longer ship to the UK :(
Found this other version the Remoska Prima https://www.burtonblake.co.uk/pages/search-results-page?q=remoska & using discount code BB15 the Standard 2L is £131.75 delivered or £140.25 delivered for the Grand 4L - not a well known website though.

1620168885394.png

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
The one with the glass lid for me next time, then you can see the pastry tops burning before the smoke detector is set off:giggle:
LES

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The one with the glass lid for me next time, then you can see the pastry tops burning before the smoke detector is set off:giggle:
LES
The glass used to steam up on our old one so still had to lift the lid to check. We also squash our chickens or use the Grand (at home) for stuffed chicken 😋

Mar 11, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Not long after buying our motorhome which has no oven, we joined a gathering of fellow Carthago owners. The ladies all waxed lyrical about something called a Remoska and its abilities to cook almost anything. I was more than a little sceptical about a device that had no means of controlling/adjusting the temperature, but asked to see one. Their enthusiasm however stayed with me and led to me buying one a few months later ..... and how right they were. I wouldn’t be without it now. To anyone else thinking that a “control knob” is a prerequisit, it really isn’t.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't forget to look on Ebay, they often come up on there 'hardly' used or even 'unwanted present' etc.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Do you guys spatchcock (flatten) your chicken or buy a small one that fits under the lid on the standard Remoska?
I also have a couple of home made tin foil cartouches to stop food sticking to the lid element, going to try cutting a BBQ heatproof mat to size as that stuff is incredibly useful and can be washed and re-used.
I also warm up pies, pasties, and any ready made or homemade meal that comes in a tin foil container,(like fish pies) but put the tin foil cartouche in to stop the pastry burning on top, take off for last 5 mins to brown potato toppings on cottage pies or fish pies .
As PamPam says they do make the best jacket potatoes, give them an hour, take them out cut in half, fork in butter, add grated cheese & sliced cured meats, lid back on 5 mins later you have a scrummy meal.
Have fun.
LES
No I don’t spatchcock a chicken, it just goes in as it is. I put a sliced red onion under it, and add carrots and potatoes. It cooks in an hour and twenty minutes, perfectly. I’m astonished at how well the thing cooks.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We bought a Remoska about 3 years ago and have used it relentlessly for both savoury and sweet dishes [yummy muffins! Also wholemeal rolls!]. The seal can start to leak at about the 3 year mark [Lakeland have dropped the 'Lifetime Guarantee], so we bought a second Remoska as a Black Friday special for when the inevitable happens. We thought the original Remoska looked OK until we took the new version out of the box ... :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Jun 15, 2009
Pontefract Yorkshire.
Funster No
We've had a few Remoskas they are as most people say brilliant. We bought from Lakeland who were very good at sending us replacements when they failed, they all did by the way. We sent about three back until I scrapped the last one instead of holding them to the warranty. I stripped it to look inside it was absolute junk and badly made. Water could easily get in and trip the consumer unit, never again will we buy another. We went on to halogen cookers and buy one about every 12 months £25 to £30 on Ebay. We are both retired and only use our cookers for domestic use. We dont abuse them and dont immerse in water but they dont last long with us. :giggle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Still have my original remoska and still in frequent use after 11 years, glass lid did get a bit loose after I dropped it, but judicious use of a screwdriver sorted it out.

Last edited:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Remoska is an amazing piece of kit. Mrs mikebeaches uses them all the time - one in the van and one in the kitchen. :giggle:

Rated at 400 watts for the standard model, it uses way less electricity than the oven at home. :unsure: (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We have two at home, both standard ones, the old style with the glass in the lid and the newer one without, hubby uses the newer one a lot but we've kept the old one in case the newer ones has a hissy fit and stops working as he'd be broken hearted ... especially if he had to pay full price to replace it! :giggle:

It took quite a while to get him to try one as liked the halogen over we had but once he'd used it for the first time to cook a joint he was converted ... now the Remoska and the halogen are used more than anything else in the kitchen.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
I suppose concerns are, do you feel tied to the cHoice to keep an eye on the cooking, we like to be out and about, sadly as both still working full time, our holidays are like mini breaks, few days here and there..highlands end in Dorset, ( this july) will be our longest trip to date! Yes mainly on EHU ..but hoping now we had our solar panel fitted last summer, we could do overnight CL trip..so lots to think about, :unsure: ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back