Remis Vario rooflight. (1 Viewer)

Feday

Free Member
Sep 2, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
coach built
We have a Remis Vario rooflight over our rear lounge in our Autotrail Apache, now im not a big fan of the wind up type as they to me are very ... erm fragile feeling on wind down before they lock into place.
ours is 900x600 and we have been of late struggling to get it to lock shut, anyhow local caravan repair man had a look and said he could maybe rig a fix up for it, but could not be certain if or how long it would work.. but to buy a new one inc fitting would be in region of £650... i then asked if Heki would fit and he said size would mean enlarging hole in roof and could cost inc labour £800.. now to me those are silly prices..
So anyone have any advice on the vario or any suggestions please.. Many thanks.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
My last motor home had the same problem as your having and had to replace the winding gear which now is no longer available if i'm not mistaken, what tends to happen is that one side will lock but the other doesn't as one of the wires that goes through the mechanism slips and causes the problem, you need to remove the gear top cover and clean the winder gear inside and put it back together making sure that the exposed wires are roughly the same length sticking out of the gear box either side, sounds complicated but it ain't really. Hope the attached manual explains it better.
remi-top 001.jpg
remi-top 002.jpg
remi-top 003.jpg
remi-top 004.jpg
remi-top 005.jpg
remi-top 006.jpg
remi-top 007.jpg

Upvote 1
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I recently purchased a s/h Heki 2 for £200 to replace my Hymer windup. I had to enlarge the roof opening for it but the small effort was well worth the improvement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Feday

Feday

Free Member
Sep 2, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
coach built
Cheers for replys so far..
The winder works but the two sort of spring loaded teeth on one side which are supposed to lock down are not reaching far enough inside to lock it down fully..
I was quoted 300 quid just for labour to fit a heki making roof hole bigger.

Upvote 0

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
The reason that the hooked arms don't reach the locking part on the rooflight is because the wires need adjusting as per the instructions.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Feday

Feday

Free Member
Sep 2, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
coach built
I will down load those diagrams..many thanks for that you may have saved me a fortune.. if so i owe you a beer or two..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
If you need to chat about it pm me your phone number and I'll talk you through it.
Nigel

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Feday

Feday

Free Member
Sep 2, 2017
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
coach built
Thank you for all the feedback here, sadly could not post more until i paid the subs here..
Nigel i will be in touch..

Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Just sorted out my winder. Not too complicated.

Take photos when dismantling to assist with re assembly.

Use a wire brush and white spirits to clean.

I used copper grease on all moving parts. Now works a treat.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back