Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

The motor on our Remis electrically operated rooflight is apparently FUBARed.

The replacement is on order via Leisurespares of Boroughbridge.

I have ascertained that the part can be ordered with LeisureShop Direct of Ilfracombe but, according to their site, there is a 4-8 week lead in time from Germany.

Have any Funsters got any contacts of ideas of other Companies who might be able to assist. I appreciate that I may have to wait, (It has been on order already for more than the 8 weeks) but any port in a storm, there might???? be one sat on a shelf somewhere.

Any replies gratefully received.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Hi All,

The motor on our Remis electrically operated rooflight is apparently FUBARed.

The replacement is on order via Leisurespares of Boroughbridge.

I have ascertained that the part can be ordered with LeisureShop Direct of Ilfracombe but, according to their site, there is a 4-8 week lead in time from Germany.

Have any Funsters got any contacts of ideas of other Companies who might be able to assist. I appreciate that I may have to wait, (It has been on order already for more than the 8 weeks) but any port in a storm, there might???? be one sat on a shelf somewhere.

Any replies gratefully received.
Do you have a photo of the motor? Most of these devices use a generic component.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Frayed Knot(sic) @tonyidle

The 'van went into Tamar Towing (well recommended) a fair while ago and that was their prognosis.

The gears are sat on the shelf ready to be used but the motor is elusive.

I agree with you that the motor is probably generic, and, if it reveals that the 'specific' Remis motor is unobtainable, I will ask them to remove the motor and I will begin a search.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back