Remis blinds for the cab windows (1 Viewer)

Roger Wilkinson

Free Member
Apr 19, 2010
South Lakes
Funster No
MH
Hi-top van conversion
Exp
since 2008
I'm getting a new van later in the year and wondering about paying the extra £600 or so for these rather neat looking blinds. Are they worth the money?

The2i's

Free Member
Nov 7, 2016
Appleby, Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2016
They do seem expensive, our Sprinter came with them already fitted so didn't need to think about it! They are fantastic for ease of use, complete privacy and blocking light. The big drawback is that the driver's view of the door mirror is very much reduced by the molding that is fitted around the window.

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I have them fitted to a bailey on a Peugeot, the comment above about drivers view does NOT apply, so depends on what can you buy.

We use them with an external thermal blind as they do not stop over or even limit condensation on their own.

I would not buy a van without them, they were on my must have list having had them in my previous swift motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Everybody who has had / got them will have their own views.

They were already on our new van which we bought as a stock model last summer.

They are extremely neat and reasonably quick and easy to use. They appear somewhat fragile, but we handle them with care and so far no problems - though it is relatively early days.

They provide more effective 'blackout' than curtains and help keep the sun off, if required. Presumably also provide a small amount of insulation, but I suspect not a lot.

However, they do tend to rattle somewhat when driving. Obviously, vans are susceptible to a bit of noise when travelling, and I'm particularly sensitive about such things. Added to which, the blinds and their cassettes on the doors, are extremely close to one' sears!

The other potential negative to mention is if you are very tall, they do restrict forward vision by about an inch or just over across the top of the screen. Well on the Fiat Ducato cab, and I assume also on the Peugeot and Citroen cabs too.

I was aware of most of this before buying the van and it didn't put me off.

Would I choose to spend an extra £600 to have them fitted - that's a harder question to answer. Possibly. Certainly my wife likes them a lot. ;)

The2i's

Free Member
Nov 7, 2016
Appleby, Cumbria.
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2016
I have them fitted to a bailey on a Peugeot, the comment above about drivers view does NOT apply, so depends on what can you buy.
For some reason, the Sprinter has a quarter window. It's the vertical bar that is the problem. It also explains why the Sprinter kit is another £50 or so. A full window would be so much better!
I haven't suffered any rattling from mine, but they did creak a lot. Tightening the fixing screws cured that.
tn_remifront_mercedes_d%20(1).jpg

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ralph fitted them to Pug. They don't rattle at all I to was concerned they would. But seemingly it was the older type that did.
We use them more for privacy than for anything else. Getting changed out of walking gear into going out gear etc. Or in the very warm summer months if we are wilding . Not that we've ever had to make a quick get away , as we don't wild anywhere we wouldn't feel safe. But just in case.
The silver screen for keeping the heat out in summer and warmth in in winter. The remis stop the sun but not the heat, nor do they stop condensation like the silver screen does.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
I fitted them to our transit based mh and they cost about £540 at the time. I was concerned about the cost prior to getting them. After getting them I love love love them. One of the best investments on the motor home

No rattles , easy to use . No faffing around with internal suckers or going outside with the external covers. Pull up at night shut the covers and all cosy.

You won't regret buying them

IanLiz

Free Member
May 31, 2017
Clackmannan
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2014
Retrofitted a set recently to our MH and couldn't be happier. No rattles and so easy to close up at night. Still have the Outside thermals to fit in the colder months if needed. A fair expense at £500 but looks so much more professional.. Ducato based van and visibility is slightly restricted for the driver.

RVFUN

Free Member
May 7, 2017
Chatham Kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 694
Exp
Newbies to motorhoming - purchasedJune 2017
Where is the best place to go to get remis blinds fitted on our side windows ??? We are a ducato & already have the windscreen ones so only need the side windows done - any suggestions welcome as prefer to find somewhere on recommendation. We are Kent but prepared to travel
Thanks Debbie n Mike

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I would advise you get the ones that look like these in the photo, the others fold down flat and block your mirror. :eek:
(y) Bob

Attachments

• 20170724_193716.jpg
    20170724_193716.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 20170724_193735.jpg
    20170724_193735.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 31

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!