Reminiscing with Rick Stein (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I’m not sure this is normal behaviour but whilst watching Rick Stein on his France travels I find myself reminiscing about journeys past! We’ve travelled to so many of his destinations along the same roads enjoying the climate and scenery and the programme simply takes me back, I find this aspect of the programme really enjoyable.

Simple pleasures but that’s what Motorhoming brings, will those days ever return.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
I’m not sure this is normal behaviour but whilst watching Rick Stein on his France travels I find myself reminiscing about journeys past! We’ve travelled to so many of his destinations along the same roads enjoying the climate and scenery and the programme simply takes me back, I find this aspect of the programme really enjoyable.

Simple pleasures but that’s what Motorhoming brings, will those days ever return.

Me too. I have all of his books, and actually recreated his Canal Du Midi trip in our own boat, cooking the same food at all of his stops.
However, I hate him right now as he's driving an identical car to the one I sold three years ago!

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy

Some, not all but not for a while. For most, the real pain will be felt in our wallets plus of course the impact of political change.

There will doubtless be an inquiry into some of the farcical aspects but Sir Humphrey has probably written the communique already.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Another good series to watch if you want a travel fix is the Hairy Bikers' Mediterranean Adventure. It is still available on iPlayer but probably only for a couple of weeks or so. The episode about Corsica had some good shots of them biking on the island's roads which reminded me of our trip there in the MH. You don't have to like them or their cooking, although I do, because there is more than enough stuff about the places they visit in the series to give you ideas for future MH tours. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back