Remember the day when you could repair (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have been teaching my granddaughter some car diy skills. Changing brake pads replacing oil filters etc. She is a natural and picks things up super fast but what it has shown me is that we need a plethora of basic engineering skills and understanding before we start. She will make someone an excellent wife.:xsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If people have 500+ € to spend on a fone it is more likely to be one from a mainstream manufacturer

Yea gods, what planet are they from. A clunky phone that may or may not have upgrades in the future, at that price. No way. That €500 is €480 going into poor design and low volume manufacture, or in other words, their pockets even if it is with good intent.

And of course, as pointed out many times, phones are a fashion item. Just maybe, if it turned into a cult phone it could sell a few.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
This is at the end of the fixit review! So not exactly independent and getting EU money ???
    • Full disclosure: we are receiving funding to co-author the Fairphone’s repair manual as part of the European Commission's initiatives to improve collaboration between the repair industry and manufacturers.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it was like cotton instead of wire.

In The Good Old Days when there were shops full of ex-army gear I found the headphone leads were close to that description, the "wire" was cotton with fine gold wire woven in it. I think the cotton melted or shrank back and it could be soldered, but this was pretty thick wire.

Looks like you have the C21 version of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back