Remap ECU on Fiat Ducato 2.8 JTD (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Seen them myself Charlie.
It's a 2004 and done 23,000 miles. When I bought it the clutch was definitely slipping so I had a new clutch fitted. Pedal feels fine but the nagging doubt in my mind is when I picked the van up I could see the old plate and thrust bearing on the floor but didn't see the old pressure plate. I'm hoping they put a new one in because I paid for it. I could take it back but not confident with the garage so might end up taking it to my mechanic to have a look at.
I understand your concerns Tom.... It is an age since I have had a clutch in a vehicle but we had to change the clutch in my daughters 207CC (Peugeot) and I insisted all three parts were changed for genuine equipment plus the guide tube and both the master and slave cylinders. The garage I used we trust but even so I asked for all the components to be set aside for me too inspect... This they duly did. It is after all a false economy to skimp on changing any of the parts.. But you already know that :)

Remind me. Is your engine the 2.8 ? Are you having clutch slip now or since it was replaced ?

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
It's the 2.8 jtd.
When we bought it there was definite clutch slip. I had a new clutch fitted and most of the time it's fine.
I've felt and heard it slip a few times mainly when accelerating in 3rd gear but I'm sure it only does it when cold.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When we had our Hymer B584 done we had bags of power!...and the fuel consumption went from 28 mpg to 22 mpg, and it made the clutch slip when before it was perfectly OK.
the two tests were done on two long trips in France.
After 4 re-map changes I had the original mapping put back because of the poor mpg.
Better to have good fuel consumption than an over powered engine.

Keith..

Same here and well documented if anyone does a search.
Fitted by WOW Quantum who were totally deaf to the problems.
3 clutches later and best part of £2k wasted remap removed.
Van back to original now and staying that way think you're better off trusting Fiat than cowboys selling off the shelf one fits all bodges.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
Don't think I would have bothered with remap. It was done when we bought it.
My days of rushing are long gone.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Had mine done at Lincoln Last year and wished I hadn't, uses more fuel? and smokes now, no difference in driving, they might not have actually done anything just pretended to, I would not know from the result. save you money because without a rolling road there is no way to know anything

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Had mine done at Lincoln Last year and wished I hadn't, uses more fuel? and smokes now, no difference in driving, they might not have actually done anything just pretended to, I would not know from the result. save you money because without a rolling road there is no way to know anything
I definitely noticed a power increase, but if you drive very "gently" you wouldn't know it was there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have to say after hearing of so many failiures on these JTD s it may be they aren't suitable for remapping and are unable to cope with the power.
The standard engines power output is low for a 2.8 it must have quite some torque though ?

Over my 40 years contracting we had dozens of vans mostly Fords and they were mapped for power and economy. None had any failures relating to the increases. Fiat obviously are not as strong .
As I wrote earlier. The 146bhp LHD version has a different gearbox. Fiat wouldn't make a different box for the 146bhp if they could get away with using the se one as the 127 bhp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back