Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi. Can anyone tell me if they have tried the removable chip and the benefits (if any) that have been found with it. Don't really want to have it remapped but quite like the idea of the removable one.
We have a 2010 Elddis Autoquest 130 with a Peugeot 2.2 100 bhp engine and find it slows down a lot when going up hill when pulling our smart car on it's trailer. Wondered if a chip would help.

Thanks in advance.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Be wary of removable go- boxes, all they do if dump a lot of extra fuel in across the rev range, rather than programmed as necessary, this is what I was told can destroy clutches, research before paying out!

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi, not had a removable box type device so cant comment, but lads on other forums have spoken highly of the blue fin chip.
you can get a remap and have the facility to remove it and replace it at will yourself. that's what I would go for.(costs a bit more ):Sad:
most newer vehicles have to have ecu up dates at the dealers and been able to remove the performance map and re install it yourself is very handy..
id say any turbo diesel engine can benefit from sensible mapping and you notice the difference.
regards andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

carken

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks both for your comments.

Andy, do you know where to get the blue fin chip from? Do they say on the other forums?
That sounds like the one my other half wants to get. We had a Sundance 580PR until a few weeks ago and that had basically the same spec engine but on a Ducato and that used to pull up hill really well.
We enjoy going to South Devon and stay at Ipplepen, near Newton Abbot a lot. There's a long uphill climb on the A38 and it's not a nice one for the van. We were down to 40 on it last week and struggled to keep it at that.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
http://www.mybluefin.co.uk/hi just had a quick look, and this might help..

also martin of van tuner is very highly spoken of on the transit forum
http://vantuner.co.uk/ but as you will see he does everything

as I said the removable maps are very good and easy to do..they would have to be for me :ROFLMAO:. that's the way I would go.

just one more ive dealt with for you to look at

http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/

regards andy

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Remapped all my diesel cars with no problems what so ever and the usual fuel hike etc.....however, I've read a lot about people who have done it to their motorhome, only to have a premature clutch failure :cry:

This was posted last year with one Funster posting that they'd have theirs remapped without any problems, only to post a week later saying their clutch had also started slipping :Doh:

Do your homework and keep us posted :thumb:

OP
OP
C

carken

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I'll be making a few phone calls tomorrow to those three companies to get some more info. Thanks for your help, Andy.
I'll take your advice and check out everything first PPBear. Thanks.

OP
OP
C

carken

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
Cwmbran
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I've phoned the three companies that you gave me, Andy, but they all only offer remaps. We want the plug and play type that can be removed so I've ordered one from DTUK who were very helpful when I phoned them earlier. They also do a return facility within 14 days if we don't find it any good so we shall see.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
that's sounds good.. you obviously don't want a removable map which can be installed or removed by yourself.. that would be my choice, but as long as you get what you want , that's the main thing.
vantuner has the facility to remove the egr valve paramaters from the map on the transits and I,m thinking of going down that route and getting rid of it...the egr valve that is.
thanks for getting back and hope it all works out for you
ta andy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back