Relion Lithium-Ion batteries (2 x 100-Amp) (1 Viewer)

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
As onboard batteries I have two x 100-amp Relion Lithium-Ion, set up to operate with a VBCS 60/40/430 Triple Votronic battery charger.

How low can the displayed voltage safely go? On the read-out, what is "12.8 volts", for example, telling me? To get some more charge in there?

There is a point, isn't there, at which discharge will happen rather rapidly. What is this point?

I'm not managing to find online the info that would help me.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
12.8 is fine esp if they are being used at the time you measure it. Here is the data sheet. You will see the "nominal voltage" i.e. the volts it puts out when in use fully charged
you havent any problems, till you get down to 12.2 ish, even then if in use it will rise when not in use. though Lithium does tend to drop off quickly at the latter end I think the relion has a bms ? to help .

EDIT: i get the feeling you may have seen a certain youtubers video regards the relion dropping out on him? dont take too much notice from that. They are good to go if used and installed properly.
Lithiums + b2b+solar+ehu = winner if you are a high power user

1635718650675.png

i

Last edited:
  • Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Do you have a low voltage cutout setting on the controller. You could set at a higher value than the spec sheet. I note that you appear to be able to charge below freezing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back