Relay Box ID required Please. (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
f3.JPG

This unit is located under the passenger seat on our LHD 1991 Hymer Camp, but has nothing to do with the base unit, only the habitation. No 1 lead, (pictured) runs direct to the hab battery positive. N0 2 lead runs off into the main loom, and is not an add-on. No 3 & 4 leads run also off into the original habitation side loom. It is obviously a relay, but it's rated at 35 Amps (at 12 volts)! The main habitation supply cable, coloured red, also leads from the battery, so this unit is not for the main supply to the rear. It feeds SOMETHING, as wires 4 & 5 must be the switching side, but what??? If it was an add-on, then the cables would be separate from the main loom bundle, so therefore it must have been fitted from new, (maybe by customer request?) I have no idea at all......Possibly an old supply to a 12 volt telly????
Any ideas most welcome.
Dave.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Disconnect No.1 lead and see what stops working. :rofl:

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Is it the fridge relay that turns off the 12V supply to the fridge when the engine stops running? If 3+4 are only live when the engines running then 1+2 could be the 12V feed to the fridge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tootles

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Great idea, and thanks! I will disconnect 3, ( and 4), then see if the fridge dosent work when the engine is running. (y)(y)

I didnt think of the fridge, as I assumed that it ran from the vehicle battery, switching off from 12 volt to stop the battery being killed during long stops.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back