Relative newbie with upgrade ideas/needs (1 Viewer)

Sep 4, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T660
Exp
Since 2020
Hi all,
Thanks for the welcome so far.
We bought a 2012 Burstner Nexxo T660 last year and have been loving it but we're finding things we'd like to change/upgrade and every search on Google seems to give me results from this forum so it seemed logical to join it.

Our first bad experience was a blowout on the A1 near Haddington (en route to Dunbar) a couple of weeks ago, which cost a ridiculous amount to fix (nowhere open and no spare wheel), which has prompted the purchase of a spare and joining this forum firstly for info on carriers and suppliers (Techno gets mentioned in quite a few threads).

All the best,

Karl.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Karl, and welcome.

I'm not sure of your payload or storage but with most motorhomes payload is always a factor, an alternative to carrying a wheel us just to carry a matching tyre. This saves weight and could probably be changed roadside by a tyre fitter.

Good roadside cover is a must. I doubt most of us could or would attempt to change a wheel roadside especially on a busy road.

Happy motorhoming.

OP
OP
KarlosX250
Sep 4, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T660
Exp
Since 2020
Thanks for the reply. Similar to another thread on here, ours has a French bed so the garage isn't big enough for a wheel and/or tyre, so it's got to be underslung behind the rear axle (loads of space though so not a problem).

We have RAC cover, the problem was finding a tyre place that had stock and that was open; there weren't any.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Spare wheel carrier for Ducato £180 just priced one last week for a friend plus fitting . Hope this helps

OP
OP
KarlosX250
Sep 4, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T660
Exp
Since 2020
Bet that NEVER happens again now you carry a spare🤣🤣🤣.
Oh and welcome🤝🤝🤝🤝
I know. That was what i was weighing up when i bought the spare. The tyres were all the same age i.e. none had ever been changed or punctured and they'd done quite a few years and miles.

OP
OP
KarlosX250
Sep 4, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T660
Exp
Since 2020
Spare wheel carrier for Ducato £180 just priced one last week for a friend plus fitting . Hope this helps
Thanks for that. The thing i was curious about was the fitment. I've seen where the standard Ducato carrier bolts to but i don't have that crossmember on a Bursty, just a flat floor behind the rear axle. Is there a fitment "extra" for m-homes that i'm not seeing or, more to the point, does your kit fit a m-home straight away?

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Ive just been to look at the Ducato your right it’s got a cross member . I wonder how strong your floor is , or could you get a cross member fitted to your chassis? Or fabricated . You would also need the Ducato tool kit , hope this helps.

OP
OP
KarlosX250
Sep 4, 2021
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T660
Exp
Since 2020
Ive just been to look at the Ducato your right it’s got a cross member . I wonder how strong your floor is , or could you get a cross member fitted to your chassis? Or fabricated . You would also need the Ducato tool kit , hope this helps.
That helps immensely, thank you. It means i'm not misunderstanding where it should mount.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
:hi2::WelcomeFlag:

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act
Hope you can get a spare carrier sorted, keep us all informed.
Hope you have a chance to find lots of help on here, I have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back