Rehau Tambour Door - remove manufacturers printing (1 Viewer)

Jul 22, 2020
NW - UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since Aug 20
Afternoon.

We only have a small combined toilet / shower room in my PVC and it has a Rehau Tambour door on it.

On the inside of the tambour door the manufacturer has printed items such as part number and manufacturing date, etc. (as per photo).

However when I am powdering my nose in there I sit looking at the printing and curse it.

So, before I try working through the various cleaners and chemicals in my shed (acetone etc) to see if any of them shift it, has anyone else had this issue or ever tried this ?

Obviously whatever I do try I will try a small area first. The door and printing is approx 12 years old if that makes any difference

Thanks
0F716FCA-A8FE-443A-8D76-9052E3285E82.jpeg

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I think your lucky there that it is ink based and not laser marked.
Start with IPA in a low position asses impact on the ink and any possible varnish or surface treatment. Other solvents ìnclude carburetor cleaner then acetone. Spray onto a cloth as dry as possible to reduce possible mal effects on other surfaces.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I have the same - doesn't bother me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SJA42
Jul 22, 2020
NW - UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since Aug 20
In case anyone has this issue in the future then as “the1andonly” said above apparently I was in luck and the markings were just printed on.

I used some watered down acetone (nail varnish remover) and some cotton wool pads and it came off with very little effort. Tried a small section first to check it didn’t appear to affect the colour of the actual plastic door and when I progressed to doing the whole door I gave it a good wipe down (twice) afterwards with warm soapy water to hopefully remove any chemical residue.

I know it wasn’t exactly a major issue with the door markings but I must admit I feel much happier now they are gone.

Will keep my photo of the markings in case I ever need part numbers etc for future repair or replacement.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have a similar issue when I buy a car.
The first job is remove the selling dealers sticker from the rear window.
If they pay me to advertise then fair enough, it stays.
Until then I'm not providing free advertising for them.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SJA42
Jul 22, 2020
NW - UK
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since Aug 20
I have a similar issue when I buy a car.
The first job is remove the selling dealers sticker from the rear window.
If they pay me to advertise then fair enough, it stays.
Until then I'm not providing free advertising for them.
I agree with that sentiment and also remove such stickers. I recently removed the MH dealer name that was on a stick on plastic strip attached to the bottom of my reg plates that had also been bugging me for a while.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back