Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Any recommendations for a solar regulator around 20amps with a good display either built in or remote.

Thanks

Jan 19, 2013
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi, would suggest there are two units to consider, both MPPT. Victron or Votronic. Both German products and very good. The more advanced unit appears to be the Votronic as it has a starter battery charge output in addition to the leisure battery bank + has load switching and can connect to Schault EBL's (I don't actually understand for what reason it does this ?) Both have on board LED's & have remote displays options.

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Hi, would suggest there are two units to consider, both MPPT. Victron or Votronic. Both German products and very good. The more advanced unit appears to be the Votronic as it has a starter battery charge output in addition to the leisure battery bank + has load switching and can connect to Schault EBL's (I don't actually understand for what reason it does this ?) Both have on board LED's & have remote displays options.
Yes the Voltronic looks good and has a nice display unit to go with it, thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
Just had a look at the display to go with it very nice but around the same price as the controller but hey there are no pockets in a shroud!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes the Voltronic looks good and has a nice display unit to go with it, thanks.

Votronic sorry not usually a spelling pedant but we had this mix up last week and a voltronic is completely different(y).

Anyway we have the Votronic MPP with remote display and like it, the extra feature it has that I have not seen on any other solar controller is the ability to switch AES fridge to 12volts when there is plenty of spare solar and all batteries are full, might not save you a fortune but a few hours of gas a day is worth saving for next to nothing.

And you are right about the shrouds as well,

I hope.

Martin

OP
OP
ES Cumbrian

ES Cumbrian

Free Member
Oct 10, 2014
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
3 years
My mistake yes I am looking at the Votronic one but unfortunately through thee bottom of a bottle of Rioja reserve will review in the morning (late)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Votronic sorry not usually a spelling pedant but we had this mix up last week and a voltronic is completely different(y).

Anyway we have the Votronic MPP with remote display and like it, the extra feature it has that I have not seen on any other solar controller is the ability to switch AES fridge to 12volts when there is plenty of spare solar and all batteries are full, might not save you a fortune but a few hours of gas a day is worth saving for next to nothing.

And you are right about the shrouds as well,

I hope.

Martin
Martin,
I have what appears to be a rebadged Votronic MPP250 with the remote panel. N+B only gave me the German instructions and I have been unable to get English ones. The Votronic site only seems to offer German too. By chance do you have an English manual for these?
In anticipation

Michael

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin,
I have what appears to be a rebadged Votronic MPP250 with the remote panel. N+B only gave me the German instructions and I have been unable to get English ones. The Votronic site only seems to offer German too. By chance do you have an English manual for these?
In anticipation

Michael
Hi Michael

If you can read this first page OK I will send them by PM or E mail when I get WiFi.

IMG_0325.JPG

Martin

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
@susans It might be best to start a new thread, and be more specific about your problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back