Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
My regulator between my battery and solar panel has packed up after only 4 months,,Two questions 1,what could cause it to fail faulty reg or something else ?
2,I don't know the output of my solar panel does it matter what regulator I fit ?

Thank

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
My regulator between my battery and solar panel has packed up after only 4 months,,Two questions 1,what could cause it to fail faulty reg or something else ?
2,I don't know the output of my solar panel does it matter what regulator I fit ?

Thank
When you say your charge controller has packed up... how??
Have you tried re booting so to speak... ie switching it off or disconnecting and then starting from scratch... making the connection to the batteries first before connecting the panels...
Check the no load voltage from the panels as well to make sure all is in order there. .
If you have to replace it it will have to match the power rating of your panels ie be capable of handling the max voltage of panels and the current. .
Post a picture or give details of the present controller. ..and your panels
May help people advise...
Andy

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

Thank
What would cause it to pack up? Don't know assuming that you only have one panel it should not have overloaded the regulator, what make was/is it.

Your panel should be a nominal 18-20 volts (you could check this with a voltmeter) most regulators will handle that, if you are spending money go for a MPPT and if there is any chance that you might add more solar get one big enough to handle the lot.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SandraL

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
Perhaps the order of connection?
I believe it is usual to connect battery and then connect solar panel. If disconnecting then remove solar panel first and then dis onnect battery.
Whether doing in wrong order will actually damage the regulator i do not know.

OP
OP
rich g

rich g

Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Perhaps the order of connection?
I believe it is usual to connect battery and then connect solar panel. If disconnecting then remove solar panel first and then dis onnect battery.
Whether doing in wrong order will actually damage the regulator i do not know.
I will phone AutoSleepers they fitted it,and maybe it is under warranty :):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back