Registering an ATV (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Has anyone registered a quad or ATV with the DVLA before? I've bought a little beach buggy and I am wanting to get it road legal. I'm struggling already with navigating the vast black hole that is the DVLA.

'Used vehicle' needs to have been registered before.

'New vehicle' seems right but it's only new in the sense it has never been on the road legally before.

Is it a 'kit car'?

Anyone been there, done that?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Has anyone registered a quad or ATV with the DVLA before? I've bought a little beach buggy and I am wanting to get it road legal. I'm struggling already with navigating the vast black hole that is the DVLA.

'Used vehicle' needs to have been registered before.

'New vehicle' seems right but it's only new in the sense it has never been on the road legally before.

Is it a 'kit car'?

Anyone been there, done that?
Canna advise but can warn.
1st point is it a make and model that has been homogalated for use on UK roads ? If not you will proly have to have an IVA test( individual Vehicle Approval ) which a very strict MOT
2nd point.. depending on the year your road tax could be horrendous . expect at least £170 a year

homologated

OP
OP
monzer
May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Cheers Jaws but I've fallen at the first hurdle. The buggy I have is 2005 and the type approval certificated has expired with no way of renewing apparently.

Shame because it's great fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers Jaws but I've fallen at the first hurdle. The buggy I have is 2005 and the type approval certificated has expired with no way of renewing apparently.

Shame because it's great fun.
You are going to have to take it for an IVA then.. you can get it insured by using the chassis number to drive it to the test if you have no trailer
Once you have an IVA certificate you use that number in the TA box

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back