Registering a Vodafone Sim Card (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Purchased one of the Vodafone Sim cards from eBay with £15 credit and 1GB data allowance that apparently won't run out, or its not time limited, but just wondering how do I register it and should I register it now even though I don't need to use it at the moment, any suggestions would be welcome

I have tried the search facility but not been able to find an answer

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
To register put the sim card in the Dongle and connect to the internet. Then go to Vodafone.co.uk and select my account. You can register from there.

Doing it this way the registration automatically recognises the sim and its mobile number.

You will need to register a credit card so that you can buy additional airtime when needed.

Lunarman

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I bought one of those and set it up (in unlocked dongle) just over a week ago.

Lunarman has answered the account creation bit but I found I also needed the Vodafone Mobile Connect software for certain features like balance checking. That is possibly because my dongle was originally T-Mobile and thus came with their management software.

I downloaded the Vodafone Mobile Connect software from Link Removed. I think (it's been a long and busy week :Smile:) I just followed the installation instructions (there's a PDF help file at the same location) to set the software up.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do an eBay search for <Vodafone SIM hsdpa> John.

They aren't all the non-expiring ones so you need to look at the descriptions. Item 220602850300 looks like one of the ones that are OK.

I also obtained two free SIMs from Three Here one of which I use in the dongle. So long as you don't want too high a data allowance you can get 1 month access for a fiver and you get a free allowance with every top up.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Do an eBay search for <Vodafone SIM hsdpa> John.

They aren't all the non-expiring ones so you need to look at the descriptions. Item 220602850300 looks like one of the ones that are OK.

I also obtained two free SIMs from Three Here one of which I use in the dongle. So long as you don't want too high a data allowance you can get 1 month access for a fiver and you get a free allowance with every top up.

Graham

cheers Graham,
i take it the 1gb can be used over any period of time, if needed, without expiring..... once registered and started to use.

at first sight it seems expensive but after paying £15pm for 15gb and not using anywhere near the allowance it makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
cheers Graham,
i take it the 1gb can be used over any period of time, if needed, without expiring..... once registered and started to use.

at first sight it seems expensive but after paying £15pm for 15gb and not using anywhere near the allowance it makes sense.

That's my understanding John. After I had set it up and looked at a few sites last week it reduced the balance by 5p to £14.95. If it expires next month I'll know I've been had but from what others have said the SIMs are genuine :Smile:

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back