Refrigerators and dust in Spain (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
For the second year running, our Dometic refrigerator has failed due to dust. I tried cleaning the jet area both times without success. For a mere 56euros an engineer removed the jet unit and blew air over it. It worked again.
We are in S. Spain and it is very dusty but no more than for other motorhomes.
Has anyone ideas to prevent or overcome this problem?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Our burner has a guard around it. You can see it in this shot, it is the galvanised rectangular thing in the bottom right. If yours is missing this might be the cause.

DSC_0387.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Our burner has a guard around it. You can see it in this shot, it is the galvanised rectangular thing in the bottom right. If yours is missing this might be the cause.
wow.. do you polish the back of the fridge.. far too clean ..

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
wow.. do you polish the back of the fridge.. far too clean ..
Given the vents are in the back door it does stay remarkably clean - although it is set a fair distance back from the door which itself is quite thick. I suspect with MHs of more conventional construction the 'fridge is right behind the vents. :)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Just realized usually the jet blocks from inside might need a filter on gas supply ours blocked soon after having underslumg tank fitted suspect it was from tank

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Thanks to all. My fridge bits are all intact, gauze and all. I am not the kind to seek out making impressive dust flurries but as this is the second year running, I thought perhaps others may have encountered the same problem. My unit, while not shiny clean with polish, is blown clean with an airline at home from time to time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back