refill gas bottle small print (1 Viewer)

FannyFive

Free Member
Jul 12, 2016
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
autosleeper
Exp
years
Hi

Hoping to have one 6kg refillable gas cylinder fitted by Gas 2000 in the coming weeks on my Autosleeper Symphony 2003.
Chris has asked me to look in my Autosleeper manual and see if cooker and water heater will allow to run on different pressures.
this is what Chris said in his email..........................................

"6kg gas bottle is 246mm diameter by 460mm high

Before we go further I can see that the gas regulator is fitted to the bottle with rubber hose. We cannot use the same regulator as this one is for butane gas but we can use an alternative but we don’t stock 37 mb propane regualtors for rubber hoses as this is old style. If the van can run at a lower gas pressure like most new vans from 2002 onwards then we could look at adding a remote wall mounted regulator at 30mb regulator which would make the install so much easier to do. Please check the documentation for the vehicle gas appliancies to see if they would run at 30 mb and let me know."

I am not sure that the manual covers this. Can anyone help.

Thanks

FannyFive
Steve

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
He is correct, I would have thought your van would be fine at 30mb but you need to check the instructions on all your appliances.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
On older appliances, the manual will give separate pressures for Butane (28mb) & Propane (37mb) now days everything runs at 30mb regardless of the gas being Butane or Propane.
You need to check the individual instructions for each appliance. If they are not 30mb you may be able to change the jets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back