Red light on truma unit- help! (1 Viewer)

Branston1080

Free Member
Oct 30, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi

A red light is showing on the truma unit. It normally comes on when the gas is empty but the gas is fine.
I ran the van engine as its been stood for a while on site. I turned the electrics off before hand but forgot to turn the truma unit to off. The red light is now on.
Have I damaged something?
Any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
red light is normally a flame failure warning. could be a few things, but try cycling it on and off a few times to rule out an airlock in the gas supply

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
If it's the same Truma as mine (Combi 4E/6E) a red light will come on if the 240v supply to it is interrupted. Switching it off then on again at the control panel resets it. If there's a fault the red light will be flashing. HTH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
you haven't left the exhaust cover on have you. I often forget about it myself.
Steve

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
red light

You may have to leave off for a while before switching on again. May be 30minutes.
check the instructions or try and get them online if you can.

Hekuli

Free Member
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot BoxerAsmobil
Hello. I just bought a 2007 Peugeot Boxer fitted with a Trumatic E 2400 heater. I tried to start it but I had the gas supply unfortunately off and the Light turned Red after maybe 30 seconds. I tried several times turning it on as I didn't know why the Light came on. Now the Red Light is constantly on on the panel, even when I take out the fuse for a few days, the Red Light doesn't go off. Is there a Way to reset the PCB or did I fry something, or is there a fault of somekind? I now definetly have the gas supply on, I have proper voltage and I have the outside cover off.

Thanks for any answers. - Heikki

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Probably air in the gas pipe needs purging before it will light

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I think I have read that the reset needs the power left on to the boiler. Removing the power doesn’t work.

Hekuli

Free Member
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot BoxerAsmobil
I will try this.

And TheBig1, how can I purge the gas pipe? Is that the same prosedure as with the refrigerator, lighting up the gas stove and letting that burn for a moment?

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hello. I just bought a 2007 Peugeot Boxer fitted with a Trumatic E 2400 heater. I tried to start it but I had the gas supply unfortunately off and the Light turned Red after maybe 30 seconds. I tried several times turning it on as I didn't know why the Light came on. Now the Red Light is constantly on on the panel, even when I take out the fuse for a few days, the Red Light doesn't go off. Is there a Way to reset the PCB or did I fry something, or is there a fault of somekind? I now definetly have the gas supply on, I have proper voltage and I have the outside cover off.

Thanks for any answers. - Heikki
Hekuli, I had a similar problem with mine, it is a truma 6 I think, had to reset the pcb constantly as it kept coming up with a E632H fault code, I took the cover off but turned the power off as you are very close to 240v you have to press the reset button with a pen then press and hold the little button/ switch on the pcb until the Amber light flashes then let go, good luck

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There is a reset button at the side of the truma unit. By turning off the electric you have caused the truma heater to trip out, it should have been turned off at the control ,which allows the cooling fan to run and cool the unit down. Just press the reset button and it will be ok

Hekuli

Free Member
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot BoxerAsmobil
I will have to take a closer look at the trumatic unit itself and the pcb. What I recall, there were no reset buttons what so ever. But I'll take a look. As I said, the unit is from year 2007 if that is of any help.

Thanks for all the answers.

And yes, that is a pretty long time between posts, but I thought that would be better than to start a new one :)

Hekuli2

Free Member
Jul 30, 2023
Funster No
MH
Peugeot BoxerAsmobil
Now I have the pcb on hand. For some reason I couldn't post on the earlier account, so I had to make a new one.

I'm adding pics, if anyone knows a Way to reset it.

20230730_103459.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back