Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am used to seeing Red Kites where I live in Wales, infact we have a pair that nests in our field. I was out with the dog in Oxfordshire countryside this morning and was surprised to see a large pair of Kites working the fields looking for breakfast.

Just a few years ago, the Kite had all but disappeared, it seems that they have made a fantastic recovery. How far have they spread? Do you have Red Kites in your area?

Link Removed

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Way back in the early part of this century when I was driving for a living I regularly used the M40 and often saw one or more red kites around the Stokenchurch cutting area. We don't have any kites round here but there are quite a few buzzards, in fact this last week we've seen one at the roadside on our way to work.

D.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
A couple of years ago we stayed at the CC site at henley on Thames and we would see red kites circling above the site several times a day. Wonderful to see such large birds of prey. They have been re-introduced to the hills near us but someone is setting poisoned bait and killing them.

Rgds
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

navman

Free Member
Jul 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003