LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We park our camper van and my truck down the side of our house and this afternoon after a bit of tinkering on the camper I decided to take it for a test drive.
Walking down to the camper I noticed a dead young bird chick on the gravel and thought "poor little bugger not much of a life"
Back from the test drive and walk back from the camper I notice that the chick had gone.
Checked the CCTV and this what we saw.

All over in a few second, so here are a few stills from the video.

1.jpg 1-1.jpg 1-2.jpg 1-3.jpg 1-4.jpg 1-5.jpg 1-6.jpg 1-7.jpg 1-8.jpg 2.jpg 2-1.jpg 2-2.jpg 2-3.jpg 2-4.jpg

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
My apologies @CCC , I've watched this so many times & not commented - so, better late than never - WOW!!!!! Some of those stills are just beautiful, watching how the kite positions his/her (?) feet for the grab - just wonderful!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Fabulous!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Two on Tour

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
My apologies @CCC , I've watched this so many times & not commented - so, better late than never - WOW!!!!! Some of those stills are just beautiful, watching how the kite positions his/her (?) feet for the grab - just wonderful!
I know that the Red Kites have amazing eye sight but with the house on one side and a hedge on the other side of a narrow strip to see a very small non moving dead chick and grab it on the first attempt as you say WOW.
We could not work out who or what had taken the chick at first as flicking though the CCTV footage it was there one second and gone the next and it was only when we went through the footage again in slow mow that the story unfolded.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Most of the raptors have an amazing combination of both eyesight and flying abilities. For example a sparrow hawk can flick through trees and grab a bird it suddenly surprises on the wing.
The exception is probably the Buzzard which on a good day can find and land near a dead rabbit given time.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
The exception is probably the Buzzard which on a good day can find and land near a dead rabbit given time.
... and seeing ONE buzzard attack a PAIR of white-tailed eagles sort of supports that 'eejit bird' theory ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back