Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
A few years
Got to Calais on the 13th and a few nights later we were on our way to a site near to Honfleur. unbeknown to us this was the fete des peche celebration which involved thousands of tourists aimlessly walking in front of our van and vehicles of all descriptions seemingly playing chicken with us. It turned out also to be a bank holiday weekend. So the tiny cobbled streets were packed and muggins here took a wrong turn ending up in the dead end from hell with all exits about 2 feet too narrow. A 63 point turn in a 24 feet plus van, with much laughter and encouragement from half of south west France was made easier when attention was distracted by the arrival of a German tourist pulling a caravan who obviously thought he was following someone who knew what they were doing. Our embarrassment was ended when an English speaking lady directed us to follow her as she knew a good route to where we were going. She led us to the site about 5 miles away. Aren't some people kind!
Anyway, now spending some time in Millau. More than we had intended but more about that another time

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Looks like your having a great time away. No one was killed or seriously injured so no drama.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes we have seen many a van trying said route only to come back some time later! How lucky to meet someone who cared!

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
As a relative newbie compared to most on here, I've got into some awkward situations but have always got out of them without injury or damage.
So now, I'm a lot more confident about taking a 6.95m x 2.35m van into (eg) foreign towns than I was 2 years ago. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
We arrived in Honfleur last year and wondered why it was so busy but where glad we did!!Found half a space on the aire and joined in all the celebrations!Marching bands,processions,fireworks.It was great!

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
When we were at the HONFLEUR Aire we watched in awe as dozens of vintage race cars roared around the streets it was fantastic .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
NEARLY did it in a coach once..................!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back