Recording Tv Onto A Usb Stick (1 Viewer)

Builder147

Free Member
Oct 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
C Class bessy E560
Exp
Getting the hang of it
Can any of you kind folk tell me how you get TV programmes onto a usb stick or external hard drive to watch later on the avtex L187DRS. And what size storage, 500gb or 1 tb?. We have a Samsung smart TV and sky hd box in the house and a iMac PC if that helps. Many thanks as always for help. :)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Easy question, no easy answer.
How are you proposing to 'record' programmes?
Download off internet then format will probably be universal eg avi or mp4.
Record off TV then format is likely proprietary & dma'd which then limits playback to TV it was recorded from.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You can download from BBC iPlayer but I believe that service is designed for the content to be watched on a mobile device. I don't know, and I doubt, whether it will be in a format that your TV will accept. Why do you want to use that particular method for TV programmes? There are far easier ways of watching TV.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 2, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC, S&L Iveco
Exp
45 years
We have a Humax freeview box and record onto a usb hard drive for watching later on the tv in the van. What we did find during our research was with the Panasonic freeview recorder due to formatting issues you can only watch programs recorded on Panasonic devices on the same device. It may be true for some other makes as well. Also HD programs cannot be recorded as they are encrypted. Hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back