reconmendations for Rhine/Mosel Stelaplatz (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Hi all, in a couple of weeks we go south for the winter and this year we are going into Germany before heading for the Algarve, are normal wintering hole.

As I have not been in Germany for over 40 years I would be inerested in any hepl, comments and info on stopovers on the Rhine and the Mosel.

Doug.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Doug the best time to go is September/October we went last year stayed at Longuich at first for 2 nights right on the river and cycled into Trier,then moved on every couple of days, but its easy on the bike, if you follow the Mosel to Koblenz there must be a couple of hundred stelplatz along the river. The wine fest are in most towns at some time or another if you contact the tourist information they could give you the dates in what town we never botherd and just came across them.If you google Mosel Weinfeste it might give you some info, the Germans are very friendly if you talk to them i did try to give Jane a tip most germans under 50 speak english but she will keep trying to talk to the old ones seeing her arms waving around. I would not drink the “Federweissen” its the new wine cloudy and still fermenting the germans love it, Jane said it taste like alco pops, I took her word for it, she had 3 ltrs it goes staight through you. You will have a great time when the ump pa pa music starts and they start swaying I never worked out if it was a dance or they drank to much :ROFLMAO: I liked the Rhine but its noisey with the trains at night, they move all the freight and it can be none stop all night,this might intrest you:

The Loreley Night - 20.09.2008
Although there is something sad about the Loreley legend – of a beautiful girl who sat on a rock combing her blonde hair and luring sailors to their deaths – this is one of the most romantic spots in Germany and a suitable setting for a climax to the Rhine in Flames season.

The fireworks here light up the skies (and castle ruins) in the precipitous Rhine gorge close to the Loreley rock at the deepest and narrowest point of the river.

The spectacle can be watched from cruise ships on the river itself. Alternatively, visitors can enjoy further firework displays and the wine festival atmosphere of nearby St Goar, St Goarshausen and Oberwesel.

When you are there the Walnut are falling of the trees so take a bag or 2 ,we are off to the west coast of France on the 3rd Sep for a month unless the weather is not so good, we then be right behind you. We might be in Portugal in January so we may catch up with you then. Have a good trip. Bob.:thumb:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I'll have some of that

Thanks Bob, the info is usefull,

"I would not drink the “Federweissen” its the new wine cloudy and still fermenting the germans love it"

It sounds like the same thing the is done arround Sevilla, there they call it Mosto and I must admit that I like it and look forward to Chistmass time as it come out about then, it is sold right up to The Feria time at easter but by the most of the fermintation is finished.

If you do go to the Algave try and give us a call (how do I send you my Portugese number priveatly?) are most common spot is Quatro Aquas in Tavira.

Doug.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Hi all, in a couple of weeks we go south for the winter and this year we are going into Germany before heading for the Algarve, are normal wintering hole.

As I have not been in Germany for over 40 years I would be inerested in any hepl, comments and info on stopovers on the Rhine and the Mosel.

Doug.
Hi,
The Moselvalley from Trier to Koblenz is beautiful and very MH-friendly. Nearly every village or town has something to offer. Most 'Stellplätze" are on the Mosel-banks, wich could flood in winter.
Have a look at:
Link Removed thread Europe/Germany/Moselvalley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back