Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi what t do you reconmend?

just sold mine on ebay the mio c210 [ screen too small] would it be tom tom by any chance!:Doh:

ray

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Mines a TOM Tom 910, if you dont need all the bells and whistles that go with it then the 710 510 are both good options new models abvailable now 520 and 720 so could be a few good deals to be had, youngest son works at halfrauds and claims TT as the best with the fewest combacks
So yes TOM TOM
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Mines a TOM Tom 910, if you dont need all the bells and whistles that go with it then the 710 510 are both good options new models abvailable now 520 and 720 so could be a few good deals to be had, youngest son works at halfrauds and claims TT as the best with the fewest combacks
So yes TOM TOM
Geo

What you didn't say Geo is how successfully it can bring the centre of a small market town to a standstill :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Ray, I'm sure you'll get loads of replies but its bit like saying "what car / motorhome do you recommend?" Depends on your budget and what you want in the way of features really. There are systems from around £150 to 10X that amount; some plug in and easy to move from one vehicle to another and those that are fixed in the vehicle.

For me, I've found the fixed systems pretty good and robust ( we have a VDO Dayton professional system in the van, and our cars have Audis factory fitted system, and the other car a Smartnav system (run by Trafficmaster), and my firm favourite as you speak to a LIVE person when seeking directions!! We keep a portable Navman system in the Smart Car that we tow - it was the first satnav we bought and still does well, I updated the maps online).

Most people seem to gravitate to Tomtoms, but I've personally never had the need to buy one!! Each to their own!!

Laurie

OP
OP
Adria 5

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi thanks i have the wife now::bigsmile:::bigsmile: with map!!!!:Doh:

ray

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Truckers Atlas for me, buy last years in the services for about a fiver works a treat.

Even got Jan reading it now, except every time she leaves her glasses in her handbag and takes 1/2 an hour to find em. :winky:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
I've been driving for 55 years and always used the paper map and mark 1 eyeball.:Cool:

I always said Sat Nav was for wimps. :roflmto:Then somebody gave me a Garmin 250 and what happens I'm hooked.:Eeek:

Last week it took me through the centre of Bradford with no problems at all.::bigsmile:

It has certainly taken the strain out of navigating, for us anyway, through congested areas.::bigsmile:

All I need to do now is find out how the bloody thing works.:Blush:

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back