Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
having finally got my android tablet to work ,i am now looking to add some apps relevent to using the motorhome both in the uk and in france . i have found a french camping car infos one [free] and a french aires one [£1.19] i was hoping to find a municiple campsite one but so far i havnt. can anyone recommend any that are worth having ? cheers garry

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Camping car infos I quite handy, when you find a site you fancy just hit the route button and it gives you a choice of mapping software on your device to navigate with, I have Tom Tom on the iPhone so it puts the coordinates straight in.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can get an Alan Rogers campsite guide for free. Also ACSI do a free guide as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
Motorhome Parkings and Mobile Life both excellent aps. mobile is in German but easy to understamd. lf you click on what you like links to the full site.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Have you got the Camping Car Infos app to work offline? It works fine for me when connected to the internet but nothing when I touch the offline button or is it because my Nexus7 doesn't have enough memory for offline mode. Of course when out in the Motorhome most of the time will be without a connection.
Steve

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
no, it said when i installed the camping car info app that it requires a internet connection to work . the aires app that i paid £1.19 for will work without a internet connection.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We've found this very useful:

Broken Link Removed

It shows a list of aires starting with the nearest to wherever you are. At present in centre of UK it shows Wissant as nearest!

Wyn

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
no, it said when i installed the camping car info app that it requires a internet connection to work . the aires app that i paid £1.19 for will work without a internet connection.
If that's the one that is green with a white mh on it, it's fantastic , we've been all over France with it ,you just tap the icon and it tells you all the aires around you, you then again tap the one you want and it navigates to it. A link to it is on all the water stations on aires.
Honestly you can look and look but all you need is that app and alltheaires book and you are done

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For way of a change, I know you are looking for apps but the French passion book is worth having as well, especially the new one that has all the coordinates in, bit of a struggle finding them with the old books

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Sorry another thing , that aires app , once you have paid you don't have to pay again to put it on your other android devices

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks guys,yes that is the aires app that i have, it is a good campsite one i could do with now. esp one that would work offline if poss . i know there is a french "camping municiple" website but it doesnt seem to be available as a app . i have bought a number of camping sites books over the years but they tend to be full of all singing all dancing sites with facilities that i just dont need. does anyone know what the ALAN ROGERS guides are like for listing basic sites ?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's an Alan Rodgers app that lists sites all over the world ,it's free but maybe only ipad
Sorry Europe not world:doh:

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hi
We downloaded the Campercontact and found it very useful during our trip in France ,Italy ,Austria and Germany this summer. It remains to be seen how
useful it will be here in the UK but so far it has been well worth having .

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not sure of your vehicle type, but the Fiat Ducato App is interesting needs internet connection but does more than just list vehicle details. It is one app that I have kept on the phone after trying some of the other free motorhome/camping related apps. but then we have a Ducato base vehicle.
  • Fiat Ducato App (Broken Link Removed)
Just going to try the Alan Rogers app to see what that is like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back