Recommendations please for dog swimming places - Alps+Provence (1 Viewer)

Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
Our two dogs love swimming. I know they make the motorhome smell ghastly but it's their holiday too! During our trip to French Alps in June we had some difficulty finding good places for the dogs to swim in lakes or safe rivers. Several "beaches" at Lac Annecy and Lac Leman had dog bans and the river thro Chamonix was very fast flowing. We are going back next spring - Provence then the Alps - can anyone suggest good places (en route and those areas) where we can spend the day or preferably overnight (wild camping, Aire or ACSI) where the dogs can swim?? Many thanks in anticipation!

OP
OP
TPMM
Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
I see your sense of humour has not improved in the last 10 years! - What exactly do they train the St Bernards to do there ?! I do hope I get some helpful ideas from sensible funsters!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sixbows

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed
Exp
You might be OK in the spring as some lakes and beaches only have restrictions during peak season(mostly July and August)
Good luck

OP
OP
TPMM
Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
Nantua looks fabulous - Many thanks!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TPMM
Apr 22, 2012
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape
Exp
Eight wonderful years!
You might be OK in the spring as some lakes and beaches only have restrictions during peak season(mostly July and August)
Good luck
Many thanks - we were in France in June and some restrictions were in place. (I know some ACSI sites have a dog ban in high season.)

Aug 31, 2009
Lot-et-Garonne, France
Funster No
MH
Changing
Exp
15 Years
The dogs had a swim at Carro yesterday , in a sheltered bit of the med. They also jumped in at Saintes Maries de la Mer, a few days ago. Details of the aire at Carro....a few yards from the sea....will be on the blog shortly, when I get myself organised.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
There are a couple of small lakes on the golf course at Montgenevre which Meg enjoyed swimming in, just down from the aire (100+ pitches all with ehu at €10 a night, goes down the longer you stay) The village is expensive though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back