Recommendations for suitable motorhome for full timing... (1 Viewer)

H

Hagstrom

Deleted User
Frankia and Laika have done A class vans with the longitudinal drop-down and pull out bed extending to 6ft 6ins, making a 2mx2m bed that enables you to sleep fore and aft rather than across the vans width. I believe that with each maker, the bed is an optional extra. Frankia have called them "Duo Bett" and may still do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I have not much to add to the good advice of

'A' Class
Quality build, probably German
Garage
Good payload
Winterised
Fixed beds of some sort

Only extra comment I have is the sofa in the lounge. If there is only one L-shaped it can be used by two persons - ours is long enough and we sit opposite ends with feet up beside each other in the middle.

There are good secondhand MHs to that spec which, because of their quality have stood the test of time - our N&B Arto is 16 years old and still going strong.

There are definitely good ones around within your £45K budget, especially if you can buy privately.

Geoff

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Our next van which we will be full timing in will have... Long couches for lounging (very important for us), A drop down bed over the cab so family can stay from tome to time, will be 7.5T with big payload, Island bed preferably (might have to compromise there maybe?) separate large shower, Large garage, and it will be a German A Class.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Is a drop down bed classed as a fixed bed?

It is 'fixed' in that the bedding stays in place so no making it up.

However if you mean one over the cab seats it obviously takes out use of those, but if you are only two persons and one wants to go to bed there is still other seating.

With 4 people it ges more tricky to use the bed and leave seating for the other 3.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back