Recommendations for Morecambe Bay (1 Viewer)

Janet Parker

Free Member
Oct 1, 2018
Eccles
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Hi. We've just bought our first motorhome, a Swift Sundance and fancy going to Morecambe Bay. Can anyone recommend a site with a pub. We struggle walking (and that's before a drink). Cheers guys

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Have a look on keiths pub stopovers in the resources.

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Which side of the bay? Morecambe or grange/ ulverstone,? Or even barrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 21, 2011
Up’t North West
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
There is a small campsite called Glen Veiw on Westgate Road Morecambe. Across the Road approximately 100 yards in either direction are two pubs. The Hurley Flyer which does two for the price of one meals and the William Michael, they do meals but have never eaten. Approximately 1/4 mile away is the Shrimp a Toby Carvery pub. You can wild camp on Morecambe Promenade for 3 nights within the Bye laws.
Also have a look at the Golden Ball Hotel at Snatchems Lancaster and the Dalton Arms Glasson Dock Lancaster
Colin

OP
OP
Janet Parker

Janet Parker

Free Member
Oct 1, 2018
Eccles
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
There is a small campsite called Glen Veiw on Westgate Road Morecambe. Across the Road approximately 100 yards in either direction are two pubs. The Hurley Flyer which does two for the price of one meals and the William Michael, they do meals but have never eaten. Approximately 1/4 mile away is the Shrimp a Toby Carvery pub. You can wild camp on Morecambe Promenade for 3 nights within the Bye laws.
Also have a look at the Golden Ball Hotel at Snatchems Lancaster and the Dalton Arms Glasson Dock Lancaster
Colin

OP
OP
Janet Parker

Janet Parker

Free Member
Oct 1, 2018
Eccles
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance
Exp
Thanks thanks for the recommendations. Will look into these. Cheers

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If Glasson Dock is an option you could have a word with the landlord at The Stork, Condor Green. If eating in the pub/hotel I’m assured that you would be permitted to stay overnight on the carpark. Good food and a nice walk into Glasson Dock. There is a longer walk into Lancaster via the old railway track which follows the estuary - a lovely popular walk but I note from your op that walking isn’t really an option. Also there is a carpark with toilets above the pub used for the Lancaster walk and I have ‘wild’ camped there in the past.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Forget staing in your van at a pub, park up at the Midland Hotel in Morecambe and book a room there - dinner, bed & breakfast - it's wonderful!!

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Forget staing in your van at a pub, park up at the Midland Hotel in Morecambe and book a room there - dinner, bed & breakfast - it's wonderful!!
Stayed there a few years back for anniversary in £300 a night suite as a treat.....got our money back it was so poor on that occasion, just after it's "refurb"
May be better now

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
If Glasson Dock is an option you could have a word with the landlord at The Stork, Condor Green. If eating in the pub/hotel I’m assured that you would be permitted to stay overnight on the carpark. Good food and a nice walk into Glasson Dock. There is a longer walk into Lancaster via the old railway track which follows the estuary - a lovely popular walk but I note from your op that walking isn’t really an option. Also there is a carpark with toilets above the pub used for the Lancaster walk and I have ‘wild’ camped there in the past.

We have a static at glasson marina, Stork doesn't have a very big car park but follow the side road past it to a Car park. Not seen anyone using it for overnight but it's a possibility. Seen a few at glasson dock just before you pull into the Dalton arms. Also across from there is a parking area which regularly has a couple of vans parked there.
There is The Mill at Conder Green, great food ( we are regulars) they do have a decent sized car park but whether they would allow overnighting I don't know.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
what you could do would be to google for campsites in the area and then look for them on google earth and then look for the pubs etc on street view.
Thats how I do it as it's easy to do and then with practice you can google campsites and find out how far it is to the beach/bar etc .
Or is it just easy to ask ||||

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back