Recommendations for ceramic coating (1 Viewer)

Yorkshire Puds

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2020 Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2002
Hi all,

We are due to collect the new van and was offered the diamond bright package at the dealers, which I turned down, as I‘m no sure if it’s just another dealer rip off, or if it has genuine benefits, plus at 450 quid, I’m positive there has to be better products out there.

So I was thinking of getting a ceramic coating whilst new and shiny, however I have no idea where to start.

I don’t mind paying for it, but I want a good job and top products used. With that in mind, can anyone recommend anyone in or around the Yorkshire region who can come and give it the treatment, or indeed offer any other advice on how best to protect the body and paint, to keep it looking sharp for as long as possible.

Thanks people.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
I believe some of the products are good but only as good as the person doing the job
Sorry no particular recommendations

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
That doesn’t seem a bad price if it is a proper professionally applied ceramic finish. It is best done from new and is not a simple slap it on job. Our car was done with a Williams ceramic coating over 5 years ago and has not needed any polishing since new and still looks great. We had Paintseal Ceramic Gen 3 put on our new Carthago last August. It is too early to say how it will last long term but after one of our winter excursions it was filthy, it took no more than a simple product free rinse to bring it back to pristine. Usually the rain does it for me.

When I was picking the van up one of the technicians suggested I feel the finish and compare it with the adjacent van which had not been treated. Ours felt like glass but the other one which looked good felt very different.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Yorkshire Puds

Yorkshire Puds

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
2020 Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2002
That doesn’t seem a bad price if it is a proper professionally applied ceramic finish. It is best done from new and is not a simple slap it on job. Our car was done with a Williams ceramic coating over 5 years ago and has not needed any polishing since new and still looks great. We had Paintseal Ceramic Gen 3 put on our new Carthago last August. It is too early to say how it will last long term but after one of our winter excursions it was filthy, it took no more than a simple product free rinse to bring it back to pristine. Usually the rain does it for me.

When I was picking the van up one of the technicians suggested I feel the finish and compare it with the adjacent van which had not been treated. Ours felt like glass but the other one which looked good felt very different.

I’m not sure that the diamond bright at the dealer was a ceramic coat to be honest, I think it was more of a wash and polish with their products.
I’m sure I read somewhere that it was not what they say it is, and just another ploy to empty your wallet.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I’m not sure that the diamond bright at the dealer was a ceramic coat to be honest, I think it was more of a wash and polish with their products.
I’m sure I read somewhere that it was not what they say it is, and just another ploy to empty your wallet.
I just had a look at the Diamondbrite site and I think you are right, best avoided. Some alternative finishes are Teflon but I would suggest a proper Ceramic with a long guarantee. The Williams one is for the lifetime of your vehicle ownership. The Paintseal one is 5 years. Anything less than 5 years makes me think they have little confidence in their product or their workmanship.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back