Recommendations for aires or municipals (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hello again. We are now in Folkestone looking forward to our first trip in the MH to France tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm having to use a crutch (walking aid) as I've hurt my knee. It would happen now just as we are going away!! We are thinking of stopping at St Valery sur Somme as one of the aires recommended but I notice that there is a 15 minute downhill walk to the town. Can you tell me if its very steep or just a gentle slope please. I realise that if I go downhill then I will eventually have to go back up ( not so good) but hey ho got to make an effort. Thank.

It's only a gentle downhill in to town. I'm sure you would be fine.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Gravelines is lovely, flat easy walking round the town and the fortifications!
Mailleraye sur Seine is also good, very interesting, huge cargo boats up & down the river.
Aires are safe we've had 3 months & 2 months, separate occasions, and never had any problems, you might even find some free ones!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Three years full time and used mostly aires in France and Spain.. only incident was a bike stolen at Capbreton aire.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Just for four night I wouldn't travel far.
Wissant, Le Touquet, Fort Mahon, Le Crotoy.
Not all have water filling but go with full tank and you should be OK.
If you want really clean well water stay on this private aire for about 11euros here - Broken Link Removed
just a few kilometers inland from Le Crotoy. Don't bother going inside the site. There are two spaces outside with ehu and water taps

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hello again. We are now in Folkestone looking forward to our first trip in the MH to France tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm having to use a crutch (walking aid) as I've hurt my knee. It would happen now just as we are going away!! We are thinking of stopping at St Valery sur Somme as one of the aires recommended but I notice that there is a 15 minute downhill walk to the town. Can you tell me if its very steep or just a gentle slope please. I realise that if I go downhill then I will eventually have to go back up ( not so good) but hey ho got to make an effort. Thank.

sorry missed this..probably on your way home now! yes it is a fair old hill. but Aire nice

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Camping Jeugdstadion
Bolwerkstraat 1
8900 Ieper

+ 32 (0)57/21 72 82
+ 32 (0)57/21 61 21
info@jeugdstadion.be

Not an aire, but a reasonable site in Leper (Ypres), Belgium. Controlled entry, nice and safe. Stones throw walk into a very lovey town with heaps of history and lovely restaurants, bars and shops, a great place to spend a few days.
Also agree with 'Gravelines' really nice town within walking distance.
Bon voyage et bon chance
:france::france:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Camping Jeugdstadion
Bolwerkstraat 1
8900 Ieper

+ 32 (0)57/21 72 82
+ 32 (0)57/21 61 21
info@jeugdstadion.be

Not an aire, but a reasonable site in Leper (Ypres), Belgium. Controlled entry, nice and safe. Stones throw walk into a very lovey town with heaps of history and lovely restaurants, bars and shops, a great place to spend a few days.
Also agree with 'Gravelines' really nice town within walking distance.
Bon voyage et bon chance
:france::france:
Ypres my choice along with Brugge and Verune...

Reactions: LAM

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
St valery sur somme and you can get the steam train to le Crotoy and back or cycle too
Veulletes sur mer
Le Treport has two

All in my picture galleries via my signature

No you can't get the railway at this time of year! - it stops running during the week about the end of August, and runs at weekends only during September.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back