recommendations for a Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Baz Terrier

Free Member
Sep 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
westfalia amundsen
Exp
since 2020
Hi, I want to find a dab radio possibly with sat nav ( but not bothered about a separate unit) for a Fiat Ducato and an installer within reasonable distance of me on the Welsh border, so either mid Wales or west Midlands, Shropshire etc. Been offered an Alpine x901 for 1600 squid but not sure this is the best option unless I get lifetime maps. TIA

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I queried this with Fiat.I wanted to do the same.The van came with a Fiat u-connect radio/sat nav which thinks I am driving a Fiat 500.Various modes are accessed via the radio auto lock etc.Fiat advised not removing the radio as I would lose access to these modes and it may interfere with various electrical diagnostics on the vehicle so I will go for a separate sat/nav unit.

OP
OP
Baz Terrier

Baz Terrier

Free Member
Sep 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
westfalia amundsen
Exp
since 2020
That seems odd as my van does not come with any radio.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave_E

Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I think initially the modes were accessed via a display to the right of the steering.That's nolonger the case I think.May be wrong.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
The latest Alpine 903 comes with a 3 year map updates included via naviextras.Not the easiest program to use in my opinion.Also the traffic is via rds which is woeful compared to live traffic from tomtom.The music side of the unit is superb,as is the hands free,but i have reservations about certain aspects of the navigation part of the device.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a Clarion was really good until I paid €60 to update the maps (uses IGO Prima) now it often plots crap routes. I complained to Navitex extras the answer I got was nothing to do with us the maps are supplied by Tom Tom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2020
Southport
Funster No
MH
Carado i338 15 editi
Exp
The 2020 Ducati we have was delivered with no headset so during lockdown I decided to fit it out, after lots of web search and YouTube viewing I decided on a Pioneer DA250DAB. Package arrived so nervously took it to the MH and unpacked it, all good untill no ISO TO DIN arial adapter included so quick trip to Halfords (£2), No extra wiring harness required the DA250DAB plugged straight in to the MH wiring, connected the mike, USB and arial. Switched on and hey it worked. The MH arial was already fitted via the off side rear view mirror, Of course no DAB reception as no DAB arial but as the FM and the Android and iPhone Car Play all worked decided I was happy with what I had and didn't fancy installing a window arial and disturbing the panelling plus as I have a "A" type Motorhome was puzzled as to earthing the arial.
More research and I came across a FM to DAB arial booster for £12.99 from Amazon with not much faith I sent for it.
Fitted in 10minutes and switched on and up came hundreds of DAB channels.
Kit needed were a Connect2 CT23FT to fit Pioneer to my dash. Fansport DAB Arial Splitter Booster FM to DAB both from eBay or Amazon

1614622954916.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back