Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
Has anyone had a DAB adapter fitted to there MH.Im looking to have one fitted but not a plug in type with wires everywhere but more built in type. I have a new Auto-Trail on a Fiat . thanks

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I'd say don't bother if you plan on using it while driving. I have a rather expensive 4 or 5 year old JVC Dab/FM/CD/MP3 head unit and I've had all manner of problems getting decent reception on it while driving, especially on longer journeys. When you get near the limits of the DAB signal the unit drops to FM (same station) but you lose a couple of seconds, then it switches back to DAB when the signal is a bit better and you get a 2-3 second repeat, a few moments later it will drop back to FM with a couple of seconds lost then a little further on it switches back to DAB with the 2-3 second repeat. When you're at the edge of the signal on DAB its like listening to Norman Collier.

On site DAB is brilliant so buy a portable DAB unit would be my advice.

D.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Has anyone had a DAB adapter fitted to there MH.Im looking to have one fitted but not a plug in type with wires everywhere but more built in type. I have a new Auto-Trail on a Fiat . thanks

To be honest with the cost of these DAB add ons Why would you ?

You can buy a good quality DAB/ FM/ AM radio with CD / USB/IPOD and Aux often for less than a DAB add on,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back