Recommendations between Bruges and Berlin? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
We are travelling from Bruges (just arrived today yay!) towards Berlin and would like tips on where is nice to camp (and walk dog) and wild camp too and some lovely interesting places / villages/ towns to see along the way. Looks like 4 or five stops if we do about 100 mile a day. We do not hurry!
We always get excellent advice from here so hoping for more of the same.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have just left Berlin, I would recommend the Stelplatz in Magdeburgh it cost €8 a night although we got it free :). It's lovely and sits right on the river you can walk to the centre in 5 mins or walk along the river for miles.
If you would like info on Berlin let me know we wild camped for 3 nights, I also found a new motorhome stopover that opens the 1st of October if you want info. Where we stayed and the new place are both close to city.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We stayed in a nice little campsite in Naumburg near Kassel. Lovely little town very sleepy and very nice campsite.

Not sure which route you are taking but we stayed in Colditz campsite. Its an quirky campsite but very cheap. The castle is worth visiting with the extended tour.

When we went to Berlin we stayed in Potsdam in camping park sanssouci lovely campsite with easy access via train to Berlin. Potsdam is worth a visit very pretty city.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We also stayed at Camping park sansoussi which is situated by a lovely lake with plenty of dog walking opportunities.
On the way we stayed at Dessau, on the Junkers Airfield stellplatz 8 euros. The Junkers museum interesting for us as ex Aerospace employees.
We liked the ACSI site at Jena. Jena not particularly interesting but the site cheap, by a river, lovely owner who runs the site from his laptop in an old tram for an office. Unlimited hot water no extra charge for showers. From Jena we visited Buchenwald concentration camp. cycle path/ dog walk into town. Don't bother with the Ziess museum but catch a show in the ZEISS planetarium in English.

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Hamelin (Pied Piper town) might be worth a stop over at. Stellplatz not too far from the town. We've also been to Tropical Island's not too far from Berlin, which is ideal if the weather's crap!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes please @lorger would love info on both those places please.
Hi sorry its took me a while to reply got home at 11.30 this morning and had to go to work.
The Stelplatz in Magdeburgh which is roughly 80 miles from Berlin is lovely, it sits by the river and only 5 mins walk to town. Here are the Coordinates 79.7372 , 18.1123. Just ask if you need more.

Here is the new place that opens 1st October in Berlin, if your on Facebook they have a facebook page and replied to my questions with in a couple of hours https://www.facebook.com/Wohnmobil-Oase-Berlin-909520282485759/. If your not on FB here is their webpage with email , again they replied pretty quick.http://www.wohnmobil-oase-berlin.com/offline/

We spent 3 nights in the car park at SCC Tennis club, we arrived on the Thursday to loads of spaces with several vans and 2 campers already parked up. We parked where we though would be least intrusive and didn't get bother by anyone over the 3 days. Across the road is a football stadium for a local team, https://www.tebe.de/stadium.html.

The stadium was open everyday and had a home game on the Friday night so the place became quite busy but nothing to bother us. They also have toilets just in the main door and down a couple of steps which we used on several occasions with no issues.

The Tennis and Hockey club was also very busy with people coming and going, again no issues. They also have a small bar and restaurant. It was a 5 min walk to the station and about 20 mins to Friedrichstrab or about 10 to Tiegarten (spelling). I received this information from a German forum that i joined so wasn't just me turning up and hoping for the best.
Coordinates 52.5 , 13.2642

@Hotelman @Gazza333 @Jac Sprat

Hope this helps, If you would like some more info just ask.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
@Spidey we are now headed to the campsite you recommended in Naumburg
Looks lovely.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I think this has to win the award for the best bathrooms ever! Fantastic hot pressure in the unlimited showers
Really helpful friendly owners and lovely peaceful spot.
The local town Naumburg is like a cutesy Lego town - sort of stuck in the past and with echoes of the Truman Show!
Lovely spot
Fab outdoor pool too if you come before Oct ,,4

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just researching where next
The stelplatz at Magdeburg looks great and cheap so that's great - thank you.
However the sansussi potsdam campsite is really pricey. As we will probably be here a week (as there are a lot of vegan places to sample!) We do need a cheap cheerful but secure aire.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Yes the potsdam is very pricy we were there 3 nights and wouldn't want to pay for a week:-( The campsite is lovely though, worth it for a couple of nights and Potsdam is well worth a visit. :)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Sounds lovely
There are two cheap ones in the camper contact list with no reviews. Security is the biggest concern for us.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back