Recommend an Aire in Florence please

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by bashers, Oct 7, 2009.

1. bashers

bashers

Ratings:
    +0
    Any recommendations of camper stops in Florence or Siena please

Planning to spend a few days in each over the next two weeks and need a good and safe aire.
    Dont mind a few euros per night, but no campsites (not that there are any left open now)

I've got a list of a few but if anyone has any personal experience that would be great
    Needs to be a decent size to get my 31ft RV in, but doesn't need any other facilities

Cheers in advance

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Sienna

Camping Car Infos lists some Sostas in Sienna. Having driven past the largest central one (€20 per night - site number 516) I would not use it as is is in the middle of a dual carriage-way and part of a coach park.

There is one to the north of the city that looks OK - it is listed on CC-Infos as Italian site number 112. I note it is not available on 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month - market presumably.
    Co-ords are: 43.34230n, 11.30505e

Whenever we have been, we have camped at a great site in Sovicille (7 miles out) and caught the bus into Sienna, but it will be closed now (30 Sept). You might consider free-parking in a village and using the bus into town unless your RV is a bit big to look inconspicuous in the corner of the market square!

Philip

3. bashers

bashers

Ratings:
    +0
    conspicous?
    slightly!
    we're 31 ft long and take up four car spaces and six on the angled Italian ones

not that that inhibits us much. thanks for the hints