Recommend an Aire in Florence please (1 Viewer)

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
3! Been boating for years. Now just bought an RV
Any recommendations of camper stops in Florence or Siena please

Planning to spend a few days in each over the next two weeks and need a good and safe aire.
Dont mind a few euros per night, but no campsites (not that there are any left open now)

I've got a list of a few but if anyone has any personal experience that would be great
Needs to be a decent size to get my 31ft RV in, but doesn't need any other facilities

Cheers in advance

Last edited:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Sienna

Camping Car Infos lists some Sostas in Sienna. Having driven past the largest central one (€20 per night - site number 516) I would not use it as is is in the middle of a dual carriage-way and part of a coach park.

There is one to the north of the city that looks OK - it is listed on CC-Infos as Italian site number 112. I note it is not available on 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month - market presumably.
Co-ords are: 43.34230n, 11.30505e

Whenever we have been, we have camped at a great site in Sovicille (7 miles out) and caught the bus into Sienna, but it will be closed now (30 Sept). You might consider free-parking in a village and using the bus into town unless your RV is a bit big to look inconspicuous in the corner of the market square!

Philip

OP
OP
bashers

bashers

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp