Recomendations -Venice Slovenia Croatia (1 Viewer)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We are currently at Pescheira del Garda in the north of Italy.

We are intending to stop off at a site close to Venice, then pop into Slovenia and Northern Croatia. We have two young boys onboard who like pools or anything wet where they can swim.

Any recommendations would be most welcome....

Cheers.....(y)(y)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We stayed at camping Villa al Mare, Cavallino. Has its own pool and lovely beach. Trips into Venice can be booked at site. 18€ for bus and ferry into Venice return, and 22€ to use the water buses in Venice Grand Canal plus the other islands but that would be a really long day. Lovely site. We got it with Acsi but don't know how much it would be without Acsi.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi we did Slovenia last summer and loved it, here is a link to a blog I did. I only do these for ourselves but feel free to have a read and if you want any more info just ask.

http://gerryhughes.blogspot.com/2013/08/woke-up-in-france.html

Nice blog Gerry, and some useful info for Slovenia, thanks. You have already got me thinking about the route back up through Germany as well now, up to Luxembourg then the ferry....

Cheers.....::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
For Venice we use Camping Ca' Savio (across the lagoon, Google Maps 45.447111, 12.465895) and cycle a short way down the Via Fausta cycle path to Punta Sabbioni to catch the ferry for St Mark's. The campsite has Adriatic beach access, and a pool. There's so much salt in the Adriatic at that spot you can float without any effort.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back