Rechargeable 12v pressure washer (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Looks like an ok piece of kit. Ideal for use in the storage facility. The video looked alright. Capacity might be on the low side if you have a large van, but I guess you'd just have to fill it up more often? It's one of those things that you can't really know what it's like until someone buys one.

You watch; someone will come up on here and say they've knocked one up for 3/6d out of a bucket and a Whale pump :D2

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
17ltr tank is going to need an awful lot of refilling to clean a car, never mind a motorhome.

17ltr tank
2.5lmin discharge
6.8 minutes per fill.
and only 122psi pressure....barely enough to wash dinner plates.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Just about enough water for a push bike but nowhere near enough to give a good SAFE wash of a motorhome

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Pressure washers should be used with care on motorhome due to mastic seals and rubber gaskets etc

Peter
I have pointed this out on numerous occasions before but it won't hurt to repeat
Use low pressure
Use a wide fan
Never stop in one place, keep the lance moving
When starting always point the lance down
Obviously keep away from joints and seals

If the pressure or fan are not adjustable do not use the pressure washer on your motorhome

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Had something like it a few years ago. ''Twas ok ishhhhhh. Biggest let down was the battery life.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I was expecting to laugh at just how rubbish it was but I'm seriously impressed by the video. Though I doubt the pressure actually is 8.5bar the features and functionality are really rather good.

Addendum
The product is identical to the Movi V-19 which gets some bad reviews mostly relating to leaks and lack of pressure when washing push bikes.

Last edited:

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
I generally think that Sealey make/sell good products. Certainly my Sealey Emergency Power Pack is brilliant and will jump start a 2.3l diesel. It's hardly a jet wash in the accepted sense and it looks as though the power of the jet would be little more than a domestic hose with a trigger jet attachment. Should do the job well enough, without any risk to decals or seals.

OP
OP
Feltwell
Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Just spotted it's on Amazon (at a higher price) - very mixed reviews - mostly for quality. I think anyone expecting mains pressure washer-type pressure from a rechargeable 12v unit is being unrealistic, and actually the lower pressure should be more appropriate for a MH.

Amazon product ASIN B00GDEVHRW
I have pointed this out on numerous occasions before but it won't hurt to repeat
Use low pressure
Use a wide fan
Never stop in one place, keep the lance moving
When starting always point the lance down
Obviously keep away from joints and seals

If the pressure or fan are not adjustable do not use the pressure washer on your motorhome

Surely Mike you're OK with a non-adjustable one so long as you make sure that you're far enough away from the MH with the lance? The fan on mine is quite wide and looses it's force very rapidly with distance. Standing a few feet back and it's really wetting the MH with not that much more force than a hose would. I only really use it as I tend to use a snow wash attachment on the pressure washer first - then a quick go over with a soft brush on a pole to lift the dirt - then rinse (I'm sure I'll horrify you as a pro with that!).

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Surely Mike you're OK with a non-adjustable one so long as you make sure that you're far enough away from the MH with the lance? The fan on mine is quite wide and looses it's force very rapidly with distance. Standing a few feet back and it's really wetting the MH with not that much more force than a hose would. I only really use it as I tend to use a snow wash attachment on the pressure washer first - then a quick go over with a soft brush on a pole to lift the dirt - then rinse (I'm sure I'll horrify you as a pro with that!).
As long as you remember to keep it a distance away, there is always a temptation to go closer for dirty bits

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Many years ago I needed to wash out a GRP moulding for a boat hull after it had stored outside. As I was in a hurry I tipped the mould on its side, kicked off my shoes, rolled up my trousers and fired up the pressure washer.

Things were going well, right up to the point a large lump of crud landed on my foot and before my brain had chance to compute what a complete dick I was about to be, I aimed the pressure washer at my foot to wash the crud off. :banghead:

Since then, I rarely use pressure washers on boat decks, hull sides, caravans, motorhomes and cars unless it has a snow foam lance fitted.

I also would never attempt to wash my foot again with one! :shake:

Jun 21, 2008
Haxey, Doncaster, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
I have one of these albeit branded by another name and blue in colour I would not call it a pressure washer but a powered hose it nowhere near delivers the pressure of any of the pressure washers I have but it is ideal for rinsing down van after washing especially iff you are away the jet is adjustable and the unit can be recharged well worth the money in my opinion
PS,Ideal for those muddy bikes before putting in your nice clean garage

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back