Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi

Don't think the title really explains but I will try.

I have just realised that when you are viewing recent posts (which is my preferred mode) if you do a refresh on the browser task bar it does not refresh the order of the recent post, you have to click recent posts again to refresh to most recent at the top.

Martin

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
I don't think it ever has, Martin.

The number of the most recent post is shown in the top bar and this only changes when, as you say, you hit the 'new posts' button again.

The thing that has changed is the post that you have just read/posted on disappears from the 'new posts' list whereas before it merely changed colour to indicate you have read it.

This makes it more difficult to go back to edit it/ re-read what you have written.

Minor grumble :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The menu item for New Posts, should really read "Posts you haven't opened and read yet, and if you have read them you won't find them here" But it didn't fit :LOL:

Recent posts shows all the recent posts whether you have read them or not. But it's time stamped. Look a the URL and there is a number at the end. If you keep refreshing that precise URL it will not change. Rather to see the recent posts you must refresh it by clicking recent posts again. It is the most useful page and that's why its now up top as well, the first tab you see(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
The menu item for New Posts, should really read "Posts you haven't opened and read yet, and if you have read them you won't find them here" But it didn't fit :LOL:

R

I'm in pedant mode here Jim:
Do you mean THREADS that you haven't opened yet?
The old way used to be that if you had opened a thread it wouldn't appear agin UNLESS there was a new post to that thread.
That was why I always used the NEw Posts feature - A thread wouldn't appear in the list unless there was something new to read.
Does the new system work the same way?
One advantage of the old system was that it KNEW when you had last visited so the list was always right. Now I have to remember to mark all threads read before leaving otherwise read threads come back.
( hope I've made that clear?)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If a new post is added to a thread you have read, the thread will show up again in new posts. New posts is all about new posts, regardless you might have opened the thread before. So its exactly as before, threads will disappear from new posts until a new post is added to it, so no real need to mark forums as read (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Hello Martin

Not sure if this will fix your issue, but I recently discovered that the F5 key performs a 'better' refresh

Can't explain why but it has helped me

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting

I've been struggling to get my head round the difference too and this not only made me laugh, but made me get it!
:LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back